Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
ambrogio

Default Display Just Blinks White Lines

I just got the Diamond BVU195 Version 1.0 today from Amazon; reviewers said DisplayLink drivers would make it work on Mac.

Anyways, yes, I'm running Lion. It's the latest MBP 15" model.

I plugged it all together and, after installing the 1.7b3 driver, reboot, I plug in, and the display (24" Dell) just blinks white lines. Display Prefs don't seem to recognize it.

Any ideas? Am I missing a step somewhere?

TIA.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrogio View Post
I just got the Diamond BVU195 Version 1.0 today from Amazon; reviewers said DisplayLink drivers would make it work on Mac.

Anyways, yes, I'm running Lion. It's the latest MBP 15" model.

I plugged it all together and, after installing the 1.7b3 driver, reboot, I plug in, and the display (24" Dell) just blinks white lines. Display Prefs don't seem to recognize it.

Any ideas? Am I missing a step somewhere?

TIA.
Could you please use the debug tool from this link http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and post the output file? Thanks
Old 08-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
ambrogio

Well, I managed to get it working. Not sure exactly which of the following things did the trick, though. Here's what I did.

1 - Uninstall the 1.7b3 driver using uninstaller.
2 - Unplug both my external display on the MiniDisplayPort and this USB one.
3 - Plug in just the USB display. (No display at this point.)
4 - Install the 1.6 driver; restart.
5 - Same behavior as with 1.7b3 (blinking white lines).
6 - Uninstall the 1.6 driver; restart.
7 - Reinstall the 1.7b3 (yes, I'm optimistic like that); restart.
8 - Watch as the USB display comes to life!
9 - Plug in MiniDisplayPort display and arrange all three displays how I want them. Yay!

Me is happy camper now. Good luck to anyone else who has similar issues. I'm suspecting that *maybe* the 1.6 installer does something that was left out of the 1.7, but who knows. I also noticed that Lion doesn't always seem to properly restart (just goes to login screen--it seems). So I made sure with these last ones that it "really" restarted (i.e., see the blank grey and the apple with spinning thingy). So maybe it was also that the 1.7b3 didn't force a true restart or something.

HTH.