Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-24-2017, 11:17 PM   #1
atruppa

Default Dual Monitor Samsung Resolution

I have MacBook and two Samsung SyncMaster S22A460 monitors. When I go into my system preferences - display, I'm unable to use the Samsung SyncMaster resolution settings for the 2nd SyncMaster monitor. I only have the display resolution settings for Display link which do not give me the better resolution. It honestly looks bad.

Any ideas how I can use SS SyncMaster resolution settings for both monitors?

Thanks
atruppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:12 AM   #2
Averell

Quote:
Originally Posted by atruppa View Post
I have MacBook and two Samsung SyncMaster S22A460 monitors. When I go into my system preferences - display, I'm unable to use the Samsung SyncMaster resolution settings for the 2nd SyncMaster monitor. I only have the display resolution settings for Display link which do not give me the better resolution. It honestly looks bad.

Any ideas how I can use SS SyncMaster resolution settings for both monitors?

Thanks
I have a Samsung SyncMaster SA450, connected to Dell DisplayLink D3100 via an DVI-HDMI adapter. My MacbookPro with High Sierra wrongly detected it as a SMS22A450 (seems to be a Dell monitor's model), and it only give the maximum resolution of 1680x1050 instead of 1920x1200, which looks bad.
Averell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:27 PM   #3
Adam Kaleta
DisplayLink Tech Support

@atruppa

Hi

You might hit problem when resolutions are not listed in display preferences when working with multiple monitors

If you have more than one display, additional resolution options are available.

* After the display is connected, choose System Preferences, click Displays, then click Display.
* Press the Option key while you click Scaled to see additional resolutions for the second display. Then select a scaled resolution option for the second display.

(followed by: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25175?locale=en_GB)

If this will not help you could you please gather the logs using DisplayLink Support Tool for macOS from
http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...to-displaylink

Thanks,
Adam
Adam Kaleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:33 PM   #4
Adam Kaleta
DisplayLink Tech Support

@Averell

From the description you provided it seems that you might have different problem.
You could try click on Scale in display preferences when holding an option key and check if additional resolutions became visible to you.

If it won't help you, could you please collect logs using DisplayLink Support Tool for Mac and post them?

Thanks,
Adam
Adam Kaleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:52 AM   #5
Averell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Kaleta View Post
@Averell

From the description you provided it seems that you might have different problem.
You could try click on Scale in display preferences when holding an option key and check if additional resolutions became visible to you.

If it won't help you, could you please collect logs using DisplayLink Support Tool for Mac and post them?

Thanks,
Adam
Thank you Adam. I tried holding the option key. Some other resolutions came, but none is higher than 1680x1050.
I'll try to collect the log then.
Thanks.
Averell is offline   Reply With Quote