Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
swenger

Unhappy Issue with USB devices using DisplayLink

Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit.

I have been having issues for almost a year. I wish someone would support this instead of just pointing the fingers. This started a bit over a year ago when I purchased portable MM2T USB monitors with built-in USB device for all my staff to take on the road. I installed the Display Link driver and they worked great till today. Then I purchased some USB 2 DVI devices to add a third screen in the office. First I purchased IOGear which uses the DisplayLink driver. Most of the laptops worked okay. A few started having issues where the device was detected and the mouse would even move off the screen to this third monitor but nothing would display on the third monitor. I called IOGear support and they basically told me they sell thousands of these and don't have any issues. They had me try a clean uninstall of the displaylink driver, update laptop graphics driver and reinstall. Sometimes it worked for a bit and then stopped working. I explained that the portable monitors which use the Display link work fine and they say that could be conflict and I should only use one company and not mix. Anyways I tried the Startech USB2DVI which also started to work on some and then stopped. I was constantly swapping between different USB ports between the Startech and IOgear. Basically a nightmare. So I tried the Startech SUB2DVI which doesn't use the DisplayLink driver but some other company "trigger". This seemed to work great on all of them. The problem arose that I had to uninstall the displaylink driver and after I installed the trigger driver and tried to reinstall the DisplayLink, it told me I had to first remove the Trigger driver. So I removed the trigger driver, rebooted, installed the newest DisplayLink 7.5 driver and rebooted. Plugged the MM2T device and worked like a charm. Then plugged in first the IOGear which failed and then the startech USB2DVI which showed up for a couple seconds on the screen and then disappeared.

In short, does anyone know how I can get either the IOGear or Startech to work with the DisplayLink Driver.

I also forgot to mention that when I tried to install the 7.5 driver I got a message that I had to update my USB 3.0 Host driver which was a renases. I followed the link on the DisplayLink FAQ because the HP driver from their support is from 2012. Even after I updated from the FAQ to version 3 from a few months ago, I still got a warning on installing the DisplayLink 7.5 that the USB 3.0 Host driver was outdated but I continued anyways.

So basically Display Link won't support me because it is not their hardware and both IOgear and Startech won't support me because it is not their software.
swenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Can you send me a link to the non DisplayLink driver download and adapter that you mention?

What Renesas USB 3.0 driver version do you have installed?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
swenger

http://www.startech.com/AV/USB-Video...pter~USB2DVIE3

Above is the Non-Display Link device and driver info

For the USB Host driver I went to the link from your FAQ below and tried each one listed there starting with the earliest version and currently have the latest one

http://www.station-drivers.com/index...42-renesas-nec

Thanks,
swenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:04 AM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Happy to work through the IOGear - MMT issue.

Unfortunately the Startech adapter is not compatible with DisplayLink enabled products.

Can you send me logs from this tool as soon as you have issues with the MMT and IOGear products? http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote