Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-26-2021, 04:02 PM   #1
ognjen

Default Notification problem

Hello,

After upgrade to the Macos Monterey, I can't see notification banners from skype, slack, mail etc...I am using Dell D6000. On Big Sur everything worked fine. Anyone else with the same problem? I am using Macbook Pro 2020 M1 with two extended monitors. Thanks.

Last edited by ognjen; 10-26-2021 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Letters typo
ognjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 12:54 AM   #2
bubba911

Hi all,

I have exactly the same problem. Since upgrading to Monterey, no notifications appear when my additional monitors are plugged in and using DisplayLink.

My work around is going to 'Notifications & Focus" in System Preferences and checking the "Allow notifications: When mirroring or sharing the display"

My question is--is this really the best way to do it?

Last edited by bubba911; 10-27-2021 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Correcting myself.
bubba911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:15 AM   #3
ognjen

Hi bubba911,

Yes, I resolved this in the same way as you described. I don’t know is that correct way but for now it’s working. Maybe someone has another solution.
Old 10-27-2021, 10:42 AM   #4
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

We did not see such problems on developer's BETA versions and right now it doesn't seem to affect every machine with Monterey.

Could you please tell me if you had this problem only while mirroring/extending to the DisplayLink powered monitors?

Did you make your external DisplayLink monitor as a primary one?

Thank you for any detail you may share.

Kind regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 03:57 PM   #5
richardstone100

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba911 View Post
Hi all,

I have exactly the same problem. Since upgrading to Monterey, no notifications appear when my additional monitors are plugged in and using DisplayLink.

My work around is going to 'Notifications & Focus" in System Preferences and checking the "Allow notifications: When mirroring or sharing the display"

My question is--is this really the best way to do it?
Thanks for this! This solution is good enough for me.
richardstone100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 02:34 PM   #6
ognjen

Hello Jakub,

Thank you for your quick response.
I tested with the extended monitor. I put extended monitor to be main and notifications didn't appear. Option "When mirroring or sharing the display" must be checked and then it's working. I hope this help you.

QUOTE=JakubDabrowski;92797]Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

We did not see such problems on developer's BETA versions and right now it doesn't seem to affect every machine with Monterey.

Could you please tell me if you had this problem only while mirroring/extending to the DisplayLink powered monitors?

Did you make your external DisplayLink monitor as a primary one?

Thank you for any detail you may share.

Kind regards,
Jakub[/QUOTE]
Old 11-05-2021, 02:00 PM   #7
samhc

Also experiencing same issue: notifications are not displayed after upgrading to Monterey (12.0.1) on 2020 M1 MacBook Pro. They exist in Notification Center, but are not displayed on screen.

Disconnecting the DisplayLink hub (Plugable) or quitting DisplayLink Manager (1.5.0, build 58.125) brings notifications back to normal.

Also worth mentioning, my DisplayLink monitor is my second external display and not my main display. Notifications should get shown on my main display (the non-DisplayLink display).

UPDATE: After ticking the "When mirroring or sharing the display" checkbox in Notifications, notifications have reappeared. This was not previously necessary. I present quite often and connect to a projector, so I'd rather not have notifications on while mirroring my display. Is there a fix in sight? Or is this just how things work now. Again, it was not necessary to enable this in Big Sur.

Happy to provide more info as needed.

Last edited by samhc; 11-05-2021 at 02:13 PM. Reason: more details
samhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 03:06 PM   #8
candymansk8r

I second the posts above - can we get a way to have notifications still pop up when connected to a display link adapter AND not have notifications pop up when we truly are screen sharing?

MacOS 12.0.1,VisionTek DisplayLink Hub, DisplayLink 1.5.0 drivers

Also DisplayLink admins - it is quite a hassle to register to post to these forums, gotta be a better way to post issues/comments...
candymansk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 02:31 PM   #9
thomasmillertradewell

Angry Same issue here

This is a really really annoying problem given m1 macs can only support one display!

So i have a choice use two external screen with no notification or one external screen with notification. It sucks to be in that position!

FYI i have done all the troubleshoot steps like everyone else. Plug display link in, no sound, plug it out sound. Close displaylink app there is notifications, open app no notifications!

Fix this please!!!!!
thomasmillertradewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 11:31 AM   #10
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Dear users,

As you are aware, the issue appeared with the release of Monterey OS. Of course the workaround is not perfect but we will need more time to analyze and fix it if that will be possible without a help from Apple.

If you would like to contact us directly with this or other problems. Please be aware that we have a direct email that is a priority for all technical issues: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

Kind regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote