Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-12-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
Matt404

Default Airplay icon not showing up in taskbar 10.13.4 with 4.3 beta 3

Im trying to get my display link working with os 10.13.4, I really don't want to have to downgrade to 10.13.3, I am following the guide at https://support.displaylink.com/know...ticles/1854724 and step 1-7 work fine, but when I get to step 8, the airplay icon does not show up in the task bar, I'm on a late 2011 macbook pro,I have also tried rebooting, unplugging the display link and replugging it in, tried changing the display settings to enable airplay, but the only option is off. and tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling it, nothing has worked so far. I really hope I can get this working I don't want to return the display link because other than really expensive solutions I'm not aware of any other way to have a separate monitor with this computer.
Matt404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #2
fefe.yemba

Hello! I experienced a similar problem, and after digging around online I found an article in DisplayLink's forum where they explain that the installation of the driver is affected by the stricter security policy in macOS High Sierra 10.3. After downloading the driver and restarting my machine, I followed the instructions in the article and then restarted my machine again. Once I logged in, my displays were mirrored immediately and the airplay icon appeared on the menu bar. The instructions can be found at https://support.displaylink.com/know...ty-not-enabled
fefe.yemba is offline   Reply With Quote