Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
Zarreck

Default Full screen game flickering

I bought one of the aluratek usb to hdmi adapters and it came included with a disc for displaylink's software. After installing the driver, updating to the most recent version(as of today), I'm still having issues.

I'm attempting to attach my razer edge pro tablet to a samsung smart TV, and it works great until I attempt to run any full screen game. The game begins flickering heavily seemingly based on motion. In Alice, madness returns the screen wasn't clearing properly and highlighted options were continually shown as highlighted and the picture became quickly more corrupted.

In skyrim, the game just flickers endless but besides the heavy flickering appears to work rather decently.

The razer edge uses an nvidia 640m in combination with an integrated graphics card, and the 640m series uses Optimus technology. I'm currently running windows 8.1. I've seen online that displaylink seems to have issues with Optimus but was finding conflicting information on whether or not it has a work around or any method of resolution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Zarreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:54 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Your options are:

* Disable the Intel / Nvidia GPU in device manager / the BIOS
* See if you can get the game to play in Windowed mode

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote