Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2016, 11:24 PM   #1
JTeseny

Post Services provided by USB 3.0 dock randomly disconnect

I have 3 laptops, each connected to different DisplayLink USB 3.0 docks, that are randomly being disconnected from display and Ethernet services supplied through their dock. This disconnection is happening randomly every 10 minutes to 2 hours. They are each displaying the exact same behaviors...the external/attached monitors will freeze and the Ethernet service will drop, but the laptop itself continues to work (without network services). Unplugging power from the dock and then plugging the power back in allows the dock to reconnect and restores display & Ethernet services.

We have the following laptop/dock combos:

--2 Lenovo Thinkpad S1 Yoga 12's; 1 connected to a Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock and the other connected to a Toshiba Dynadock U3.0 dock
--1 Dell ATG Rugged laptop connected to a Dell USB 3.0 Dock.

I have focused my troubleshooting on the Yoga that is connected to the Dynadock U3.0.

I noticed that each time this event occurs, an event is logged in the Event Viewer stating that "the device dynadock u3.0 is offline due to a user-mode driver crash." (event ID: 10111)

I have tried all the steps suggested here with no luck: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...from-repeatedl

I have attached the results of the Display Link Support Tool, run with advanced logging for your review.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NB4291_20161206_145345.zip (770.9 KB, 1 views)
JTeseny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
burtong

This is happening to me as well, are you running windows 10 by chance? I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure this out.

My docking station is a dell d3100
burtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:41 PM   #3
JTeseny

Yes, this is only happening with our Windows 10 machines. We have this same configuration (docking station and laptop) on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices and they run fine without issues. I've pain-stakingly followed all instructions, tips, and advice I've found on this issue and nothing has worked!

Our Dell dock was also a D3100. I ended up purchasing a Dell docking station that the laptop locks into, rather than a USB dock. The laptop runs perfectly on the new dock.

Here is the dock I went with: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...n&sku=452-BCGQ

This does not resolve the issues I am having with the Lenovo laptops, though.

So far, all I know for sure is that the problem is isolated to Windows 10 and Display Link over USB 3.0.
JTeseny is offline   Reply With Quote