Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2018, 05:29 AM   #1
TheWarriorPoet

Default Overwatch not accessing dGPU when Displaylink Hub plugged in

Hey Guys,

Hope you're well! I recently purchased a Surface Book 2 15 inch, which has an Intel HD 620 plus an Nvidia 1060 graphics card. To drive my monitors and setup at home, I also purchased a Dell D6000 Universal Dock.

When I'm running the Book by itself, everything works beautifully. Overwatch is one of the main games I play when I'm not working, and runs extremely well.

However, when I plug in the Hub, frame rates drop down to 5fps. What appears to be happening is it's trying to run Overwatch off the Intel HD 620 instead of the Nvidia 1060 card (I'm using device manager to monitor which card's in use).

I've used NVidia's control panel to set both Overwatch Launcher and the game itself to use the Nvidia card, to no effect.

Heroes of the Storm, another Blizzard title, correctly uses the NVidia GPU.

I've also played another graphics heavy game, Wolfenstein 2, and observed the NVidia card correctly being used to run this game.

I attempted to disable the 620, however the Surface appears dependent on it even when docked with the base unit. I wasn't able to test whether it works properly.

Additionally, I've noticed when watching video, it'll often show fragmented exactly halfway down the screen when the image changes quickly. I'm using 60HZ monitor and happens regardless of 30fps or 60fps Twitch streaming. When I boost the download stream to 1080p, it also lags every few seconds, despite having a full buffer, the video displays without the lagat 720p60.

Thankyou in advance for your assistance.

Warmest regards,

Andrew
TheWarriorPoet is offline   Reply With Quote