Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2023, 09:56 AM   #1
lukastre

Default Permission Error with DisplayLink on MacBook Pro 13" M2 2022

Hello all,

I recently encountered an issue while trying to set up DisplayLink on my MacBook Pro 13" M2 2022 running Ventura 13.6. I hope someone in this community can help me out, as I've tried various solutions without success.

Problem:
After installing DisplayLink version 1.9.0, I intended to use it to connect two external monitors to my MacBook. However, upon launching the DisplayLink app, I received an error message prompting me to enable the "Screen Recording" permission in my macOS System Preferences under "Security & Privacy." I followed the instructions and granted the necessary permission, but despite this, DisplayLink continued to claim that the permission was missing.

My Attempted Solutions:
  1. I tried removing the "Screen Recording" permission and then re-enabling it to ensure it was correctly set up.
  2. I rebooted my MacBook in case a restart was needed to apply the permission changes.
  3. I uninstalled DisplayLink and then reinstalled it, hoping a fresh installation might resolve the issue.
  4. I tried downgrading to an older version of DisplayLink.

Despite my efforts, the problem persists, and I'm unable to use DisplayLink as intended.

If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has any suggestions for troubleshooting, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you in advance for any help or insights you can provide.

Lukas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-26 um 11.54.05.jpg (18.3 KB, 2 views)
lukastre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mac 13.6, missing permission, permission, screen recording, ventura