Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2023, 11:57 AM   #1
MikeDrisc

Default M1 - Ventura 13.5.2 External Displays Going Blank

This started happening a few days ago, I have 3 monitors attached to a Dell D600 dock, I have had this setup for around 6 months without issue.

Recently, 2 of the 3 screens go blank and only come back on when the cable is unplugged or the display link manager software is restarted. I have updated my mac to the latest OS and tried about 5 versions of display link and all have the same results.

I've seen that this looks like it has happened to various people over the years and I guess updates have fixed the issue. Is anyone else having the same issue at the moment?
MikeDrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 12:36 PM   #2
GarethRees

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDrisc View Post
This started happening a few days ago, I have 3 monitors attached to a Dell D600 dock, I have had this setup for around 6 months without issue.

Recently, 2 of the 3 screens go blank and only come back on when the cable is unplugged or the display link manager software is restarted. I have updated my mac to the latest OS and tried about 5 versions of display link and all have the same results.

I've seen that this looks like it has happened to various people over the years and I guess updates have fixed the issue. Is anyone else having the same issue at the moment?
Same think here Ventura 13.5.2 started a few days ago random back then goes back to three screens.
GarethRees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 10:00 PM   #3
BerndGG

Quote:

Similar here. Two displays running smoothly for two years with DisplayLink with an M1 laptop --> yesterday update to Ventura 13.5.2 ---> one display is blank. Happens random after restart, which display stays blank.

Updated meanwhile to display link manager 1.10.0 Alpha 2, build 116. No update changed anything.

The weird thing is: I can see both display in system preferences. But it seems that the display does not receive any HDMI-signal.

Last edited by BerndGG; 09-08-2023 at 10:10 PM.
BerndGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 09:22 AM   #4
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issues, we would like to take a further look into the issues you are having after update. So if possible, provide us with a detailed problem description and also please gather logfiles that will show us feedback from the driver. The instructions on how to gather the logfiles can be found here: How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

Then please send the files to our support directly: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com
Or attach them to your response.
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 04:59 PM   #5
derekcrosslu

Hello

Does anyone know if this issue was resolved?
I want to upgrade to Ventura 13.5.2 but I am unsure if I would experience this issue once I upgrade.

Thank you
Donald
derekcrosslu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 03:54 PM   #6
SapperD

Default Piling on...

I am also having the same issue. MacBook Air M1, using a minisopuru docking station to two displays. In my case the same display will not activate...getting a "No signal" message on the display, while the other display works fine (as it has been for months). Started when I updated to Ventura 13.5.2 a short while ago. I do disconnect frequently to take my Mac on the road. I've verified there are no issues with my displays or cables. I do not use wireless for the displays...HDMI cables into the minisopuru and USB C from the minisopuru into my Mac.
SapperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 03:24 PM   #7
ricardosilva89

Default Similar problem in Ventura13.6

Hi,
I am having an issue with my two screens.
They keep turning off and on every few minutes. Can you help me with this? I have attached the results of the DisplayLink Support tools.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20230922_155824.zip (4.98 MB, 0 views)
ricardosilva89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 07:57 PM   #8
mmckillen

Angry

Same issue.

2022 MacBook Air M1 Ventura 13.3.1.

Pretty annoying. Hoping for a fix.

I suppose I created a duplicate thread here...

https://www.displaylink.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=68920
mmckillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 11:18 AM   #9
herrkaschke

Quote:

yes I have the same problem with a 2 monitor setup and its the same problem I got
herrkaschke is offline   Reply With Quote