Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2023, 05:38 PM   #1
saneboy

Default Run Displaylink Manager before login with Ventura?

Hi. I've got a MBP M2 that I'm using with an HP Universal dock G2. The MBP is on a shelf high on my desk and I normally use it in clamshell mode. Since I upgraded to Ventura, I'm unable get my external display to work (it's connected to the HP dock) until I flip the MBP screen open and log in. After that I can close the screen and work normally (once Displaylink manager is running).

I've installed the latest version of Displaylink manager (1.9.0) and the login extension but nothing has changed. Is it possible to get this working without downgrading to Monterrey?

I see many similar issues in these forums but few solutions. Hope I'm missing the obvious.

S
saneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 11:00 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saneboy View Post
Hi. I've got a MBP M2 that I'm using with an HP Universal dock G2. The MBP is on a shelf high on my desk and I normally use it in clamshell mode. Since I upgraded to Ventura, I'm unable get my external display to work (it's connected to the HP dock) until I flip the MBP screen open and log in. After that I can close the screen and work normally (once Displaylink manager is running).

I've installed the latest version of Displaylink manager (1.9.0) and the login extension but nothing has changed. Is it possible to get this working without downgrading to Monterrey?

I see many similar issues in these forums but few solutions. Hope I'm missing the obvious.

S
If HP has not been able to assist you with their product and if you have not done so already, I would suggest following the process outlined here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink in order to report the issue to DisplayLink directly.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 03:15 PM   #3
saneboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboerner View Post
If HP has not been able to assist you with their product and if you have not done so already, I would suggest following the process outlined here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink in order to report the issue to DisplayLink directly.
My HP dock is out of warranty so they will not help me. Strangely they used to provide MacOS drivers on their site, but now only have them for Windows. Their product page shows it's supported by MacOS and Windows.

I followed the process and sent a request to DisplayLink and will update this thread when they respond.
saneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 08:43 AM   #4
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

We did get your report and one of our engineers should respond today.

Thank you!
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote