Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2021, 11:01 PM   #1
Rstock
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 2
Default Problem with latest Intel Graphics Driver

Hi,

I am using a VT4900 dock. Since the installation of the latest intel graphics driver Intel-UHD-Graphics-Driver_WW8K2_WIN_27.20.100.9466_A04 for my Dell XPS Laptop the monitor attached to to the DP (at the HDMI port of the monitor) is not working properly. The picture is flickering sometimes but remains dark otherwise. The whole system responds in general a bit laggy when the display is attached to the port. I have a two monitor configuration (two Asus VC239). I switched both monitors - same results. The monitor attached to the HDMI port at the dock is always working properly. I have attached several different cable / cable adapter combination. DP to HDMI cable, passive DP to HDMI adapter + HDMI cable, active DP to HDMI adapter + HDMI cable. Only downgrading to the A03 driver version of the intel driver and unplugging the dock for 10s helped to get the monitor working again.

Does anybody else have this problem? Is this an indication of a defective VT4900 dock?

Thanks!
Rstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:35 AM   #2
sum32139
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 1
Default I'm having the same problem - help!!!

I'm having the same problem after installing Intel's latest graphic drivers. I don't use a docking station, I connect my DisplayLink directly into my laptop so your dock is ok.

Help!!!
sum32139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:34 AM   #3
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support
 
JakubDabrowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Katowice, Poland
Posts: 266
Default

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the forum.

Currently, we are working on a possible issue on 11th generation Tiger Lake GPU as the newest possible driver 9466 did cause some issues for our users.

Right now, our recommended solution is to downgrade to the previous version of your driver which is 27.20.100.9316 where everything works as it should.

We are still verifying this problem so it is just a temporary fix for this issue.
Please let me know if that have helped in workarounding your problem.

Kind regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #4
f4nt4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 3
Default

I had the same issue with the latest driver on my XPS 13 (9310), the Xe Graphics driver and the "Lenovo ThinkPad Hybrid USB C with USB Dock".

Removing the lastest Intel driver with DDU and installing the 9316 version, has fixed the issue for me.
Thanks for pointing this out!

Looking forward for an updated Displaylink driver!

Last edited by f4nt4; 04-24-2021 at 02:29 PM.
f4nt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:14 PM   #5
Abenaki
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 1
Smile XPS 13 with D6000 Dock - Same Issue

And, just to pile on, my new XPS 13 i7 1185G7 was working just fine with my ancient Acer 24" monitor (how old? - only choices are VGA and DVI) no USB ports or anything else and it worked just fine until I upgraded system and Dell D6000 dock and then I get black screens, flickering, and no connection. (Using VGS to DP cable). (Yes I know, I need a new monitor!)
Abenaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:40 AM   #6
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support
 
JakubDabrowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Katowice, Poland
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abenaki View Post
And, just to pile on, my new XPS 13 i7 1185G7 was working just fine with my ancient Acer 24" monitor (how old? - only choices are VGA and DVI) no USB ports or anything else and it worked just fine until I upgraded system and Dell D6000 dock and then I get black screens, flickering, and no connection. (Using VGS to DP cable). (Yes I know, I need a new monitor!)
Hello Abenaki,

Did you try downgrading your Intel driver to the version I have mentioned in my previous message?

If not, please verify it and let me know afterwards.

Kind regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:24 PM   #7
asuccar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 1
Default

Hello - we are also experiencing this issue with many of our users.

Does DisplayLink plan to push out an updated version to work with latest Intel video drivers?
asuccar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:46 AM   #8
Compu-Goi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 3
Default

I have the same issues as the OP
My Dell XPS-13 connected to D6000 dock does not work with my AOC 4K screen anymore (main screen flickering, computer very slow, second screen stays black with no signal) (with a USB-C <> HDMI cable I have no problem but the main reason for the dock was only having one cable)
Is there a timeline for new software that resolves this issue?
Compu-Goi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:27 PM   #9
rboerner
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compu-Goi View Post
I have the same issues as the OP
My Dell XPS-13 connected to D6000 dock does not work with my AOC 4K screen anymore (main screen flickering, computer very slow, second screen stays black with no signal) (with a USB-C <> HDMI cable I have no problem but the main reason for the dock was only having one cable)
Is there a timeline for new software that resolves this issue?
Earlier in this thread DisplayLink made a recommendation:

"Right now, our recommended solution is to downgrade to the previous version of your driver which is 27.20.100.9316 where everything works as it should."

If you install that version of the Intel GPU driver does the behavior change? Dell makes this fairly easy, given that they provide downloads for previous driver versions on their support site.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:59 AM   #10
Compu-Goi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboerner View Post
Earlier in this thread DisplayLink made a recommendation:

"Right now, our recommended solution is to downgrade to the previous version of your driver which is 27.20.100.9316 where everything works as it should."

If you install that version of the Intel GPU driver does the behavior change? Dell makes this fairly easy, given that they provide downloads for previous driver versions on their support site.
Yes I saw that but I had a work around, no time, and didn't know the procedure for downgrading was so pain-free also for my XPS there is no version 27.20.100.9316

I had to go back 2 versions to 27.20.100.9168, A03 from 11 Mar 2021 to resolve the problem, still I hope a new version is forthcoming.
Compu-Goi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.