Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #1
swimmer

Default Running two Toshiba Dynadocks 2.0

I own two Toshiba Dynadocks: PA3542EY1PRP and PA3541EY1PRP. They are connected to iMac 21 "Snow Leopard 10.6.8". All USB ports work but I can not run two VGA displays simultaneously. If one works, the other does not work. Drivers Display Links are updated to 2.0. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
Wim

Hi

I think these were the first dynadocks Toshiba released. When manufacturing them, they managed to program them all with the same serial number - all zeros. This means multiple devices cannot be distinguished on the USB bus, so our software can only communicate with one dock at a time.

Unfortunately this is a limitation and means only one of this first generation dynadock can be used at a time. Toshiba fixed this in their later dynadocks that are sold now.

And no - there is no way for a user to reprogram the serial number. It has to be done in the factory.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
swimmer

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately it's not the answer I was hoping for. Thank you very much anyway. I'll stop going crazy ...
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote