Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #71
paultzirides

Default Turn off mirroring

Try turning off mirroring, extending the desktop to all displays, and making sure "Displays have separate spaces" is enabled (under "Mission Control" settings in System Preferences).
paultzirides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #72
MojoRein

Default Dynadoc 3.0 stopped working with High Sierra

I finally upgraded to High Sierra a few days ago and the Dynadock stopped working. No worries I downloaded the drivers and installed them and back up and working perfectly no issues.

Fast forward to today and suddenly my 2 external HP displays were both solid green. I then restarted my Macbook Air 2013 and now the screens won't even light up. Sound etc is still running through the dock.

I have tired unplugging it all and restarting several times. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it twice, still the screens don't even power up, they simply are in the dormant "nothing connected" mode.

I have run the Displaylink diagnostic tool and have the results available.

Help!!!

Last edited by MojoRein; 02-19-2018 at 11:13 AM.
MojoRein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:52 AM   #73
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRein View Post
I finally upgraded to High Sierra a few days ago and the Dynadock stopped working. No worries I downloaded the drivers and installed them and back up and working perfectly no issues.

Fast forward to today and suddenly my 2 external HP displays were both solid green. I then restarted my Macbook Air 2013 and now the screens won't even light up. Sound etc is still running through the dock.

I have tired unplugging it all and restarting several times. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it twice, still the screens don't even power up, they simply are in the dormant "nothing connected" mode.

I have run the Displaylink diagnostic tool and have the results available.

Help!!!
You must be using the 10.13.4 beta right now. There is no solution yet. We have another thread for this here: https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65890

Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:24 PM   #74
PhantomRider78

Any update on this? I am tired of staring at 2 monitors that i cannot use. I am searching for my box to ship my dock back and avoid anything to do with display link software in the future.
PhantomRider78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:44 PM   #75
rafikibob

Default Me too

Me too with the display being detected, black, and only seeing the mouse pointer.

MacOS Version 10.13.3
MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch Early 2015
Displaylink Driver Version 4.1.11
Displaylink Device StarTech USB32VGAES
What You Are Experiencing: Detected, working, but only for mouse pointer
What is Expected: Showing windows etc

I use 4 displays. Internal Retina, 1 HDMI, 1 TB, and the displaylink. All worked fine under Sierra (except for some artifacts in Outlook 2016 on the DL display).
I have a colleague with a very similar setup (same HW, same OS build, also startech). His works perfectly. This may help diagnose

I've tried:
  • resetting display preferences
  • uninstall and reinstall of driver
  • manual sniff about and uninstall of remnants (didn't find any)
  • separate spaces for each screen
  • disabling mirroring etc

Trying next:
  • praying
  • sacrificing chickens
  • sucking it up princess

Last edited by rafikibob; 03-11-2018 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Added useful info
rafikibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:40 PM   #76
electricladee

MacOS Version: 10.13.3 (17D102)
Computer Make and Build Year: MacBook Pro (13", 2017, 4 Thunderbolt, 3 Ports)
Displaylink Driver Version: 4.1
Displaylink Device: Asus MB169B+
What You Are Experiencing: Cannot get display driver to work
What is Expected: To get it to load and work

Just received the Asus monitor today.

I have followed the instructions to a "T". The first time I tried to install, I got the prompt to go to Security & Privacy to allow the extension. I didn't even press the "Allow" button when the driver finished, and reported that the Installation was successful. I have uninstalled then reinstalled many times, and allowing at least 20 mins in between to allow the timer to reset. The proper reboots have been done at every step. I believe that the issue is that the extension wasn't properly installed (not allowed properly) but I cannot get prompted again to allow it.

I really need for this monitor to work - any help is appreciated!

Update 03/16/18: Please disregard this post. I returned the Asus monitor, and have replaced it with a plug and play which works beautifully. Your "support" (and I use the term loosely) is non-existent and will avoid any product supported by DisplayLink going forward.

Last edited by electricladee; 03-16-2018 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Add useful info: I also checked in "System Report" in USB, but have never seen the DisplayLink driver listed
electricladee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:44 PM   #77
AAJ64

Default What are you using now?

What plug and play are you using? I'm in the same situation. Purchased a brand new ASUS that will not work.
AAJ64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:15 PM   #78
Rope

Default DisplayLink driver not working

We have issue with HP USB-C UNIVERSAL DOCK, display link driver do not work at all, so do not get any video on screens on MacOS 10.13.3 or 10.13.14 betas.

Tested on multiple machines

Is there any solution for this issue?
Rope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #79
Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rope View Post
We have issue with HP USB-C UNIVERSAL DOCK, display link driver do not work at all, so do not get any video on screens on MacOS 10.13.3 or 10.13.14 betas.

Tested on multiple machines

Is there any solution for this issue?
I believe the chipset is too new and hasn't been implemented in Dec. 2017 drivers. It supports 4K and uses a more efficient compression.

The alternative would be the previous model: HP Elite USB-C G2 (X7W54AA). I'm currently using it on 10.13.3.
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:30 AM   #80
Rope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
I believe the chipset is too new and hasn't been implemented in Dec. 2017 drivers. It supports 4K and uses a more efficient compression.

The alternative would be the previous model: HP Elite USB-C G2 (X7W54AA). I'm currently using it on 10.13.3.
Thanks for response, will try to test any other model

But it like a charm on on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6..
Rope is offline   Reply With Quote