Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2018, 05:22 PM   #1
homebrewerdan

Exclamation High Sierra 10.13.3 / Displaylink 4.1 issues w/DVI

I am using a Plugable ud-ultcdl USB-C display dock with one (main) display connected via HDMI and a second HP Compaq LA2205wg monitor connected via DVI-D

My laptop is a 2017 Macbook 12"

I have the 4.1 drivers installed and I have been able running in a 3-display configuration since at least 4.0 of the drivers. However, with the recent MacOS patch for Meltdown/Spectre (10.13.3), the third (DVI) monitor is causing problems.

Upon plugging in the USB-C, the HDMI initially flashes on and the mac detects the second external (DVI) monitor but at that point, all screens remain powered on (see signal) but are black - nothing displayed, no mouse.

The only way to get my display back is to unplug the DVI connector. I've tried multiple power cycles/reboots of everything to no avail.

Further, when I _do_ log back in (i.e. when I remove the DVI connector), I find that the Mac had logged me out and it then logs me back in.

I don't know if this issue has been reported yet or not - it definitely only started happening today, and I only just upgraded the MacOS patch today.

Crash log file is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkUserAgent log file.txt.zip (14.4 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by homebrewerdan; 01-24-2018 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Added attachment - log file
homebrewerdan is offline   Reply With Quote