Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 04:22 PM   #101
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Old_Dude,
Have you tried to enable the reg key?
I see you are using hardware which would be covered by the new encoder path. At this stage, this is to check the CPU only, as the performance is low. It will be correct performance when released.
Details in https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65998
Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
Old 08-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #102
David B>

So I've only very recently noticed a performance issue with this product connected to my laptop.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In the past there has never been a noticeable problem with performance. However, now I notice in task manager that the the title of this thread, is using A Lot of CPU usage.

From what I've been able to research it's something with a driver and the "peripheral." I've tried completely uninstalling the driver and software, restarting and reinstalling it. Even resetting my machine.

It is connecting VIA USB 3.0 and when I do file transfer speeds it even reflects that, unless I"m watching a movie at the same time. Please note that in the past it never did that.

I'm reaching out to see what suggestions/recommendations people can make.

Again please bare in mind that one this performance issue has only recently -- within the last week -- happened. Also that I've completely reset my machine.

It is running Windows 10. It has a AMD A12 processor that has a 2.5 GHz rate with 3.5 over clock rate. According to task manager the culprit consumes 20-40 % if not more of the CPU. According to AMD manual and automatic checks I am running the latest driver. I also tried a slightly older driver and the problem remains.

If there's any other information you need, please let me know.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:57 PM   #103
David B>

I did more testing and I believe I stumbled onto the solution. Oddly enough it was the BIOS of the computer -- there was an update that I was having a hard time finding a solution to. For now it seems to be working. I'll see about more thoroughly testing it this weekend. If I have different results I'll post back.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:15 AM   #104
HappyHighwayman

It's embarrassing they haven;t fixed this. My work machine has the fan going full time and the windows foundation drive is using 20%+ of my CPU because I have the audacity to use external displays?

WHat the hell
Old 12-12-2018, 12:27 AM   #105
nismoau

I didn't think it would help, but flashing the BIOS firmware to the latest ver. on my work's Toshiba Portege x30D actually seems to have helped resolve this!

CPU usage way lower, and DL screen responsiveness is much improved.

Hope it stays this way!
Old 03-12-2019, 09:32 PM   #106
nzi95001

Default Same issue

Have they not developed a fix for this? I use ASUS mb169+ external monitors and merely moving the mouse on them can cause cpu to spike to 50%. Same as the others any video pegs the cpu to 100%
Old 04-09-2019, 09:41 PM   #107
UserX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello,

The 8.5 beta is now posted.
Details on the 8.5 beta forums on how to check the preview of the feature I have been mentioning, proving it is possible.
It explains scope, what to expect, and how to test for people who wish to test.
When it is ready, it will be released enabled by default.

Feedback is welcome there, rather than on this severely overloaded thread.

Regards,
Alban
Same problem with HP universal dock 2UF95AA and Envy x360. Input lag, latency and 2-5% CPU usage. 1440p@60Hz display port connected display. If i connect monitor directly with the on-board HDMI, everything runs smoothly. I'm waiting for the official release with impatience.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:04 AM   #108
iionas

Updated link here:

https://pcgamesbeat.blogspot.com/201...-gpus.html?m=1
Old 08-12-2019, 04:33 PM   #109
stvlada

I'm not sure if I see any difference. I have tried to update nVidia graphic drivers to the latest drivers but since then I can hear fan constantly spinning.
I'll try to uninstall the drivers and install the default version (I think it was v391.something).

Beside that I have attached picture with my findings while using nVidia inspector.

Can you have a look on it and see if there is anything wrong?
Old 08-13-2019, 08:04 PM   #110
stvlada

I'll have to test more on this... Doesn't look I can see big difference... I'm not that familiar with P0, P5 and P8 performance settings. Therefore, not sure which one I have do downclock and how this affects the laptop itself.

Laptop is not that old. It was brought from USA, 1.5 years ago.
I do have another laptop, HP ZBook 15G, on Windows 10 1703, with ATI graphic card, and there I don't have any issues with using the same docking station.

There must be something between DisplayLink, nVidia and Windows...
Closed Thread