Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2018, 04:14 PM   #1
gouda272

Default Dell D6000 display port problems

We all of a sudden started having issues using a D6000 on a Dell Inspiron laptop (10 months old). The setup is using USBC w/2 display port monitors, ethernet and usb connection to a monitor.

It worked fine from day one, until all of a sudden 1 of the monitors stopped working. While troubleshooting this, the 2nd monitor stopped working and I could not get them back on. I have spent about 10 hrs with dell, including having new D6000 shipped, new motherboard put into laptop.

The displays show up in the display settings but appear as small boxes instead of a normal size. If i switch to usb 3

Dell is going to replace the computer alltogether, I then tried a different laptop all together, using USB-C, initially the monitors came on albeit in a very poor video output. then it seemed like after it did some configuring they went blank and would not come on.

In device manager the display port driver seems loaded and again the screens show as small boxes and changing the settings to duplicate or extend seem to have no effect. i switched to usb 3 and I was able to see both screens but had to leave the customers office, i fear that when the user disconnects and reconnects it, it is not going to work again.

Was there a windows update that broke the display link? the systems were both completely up to date and all dell drivers reinstalled
gouda272 is offline   Reply With Quote