Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 04-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #1
johnkramlich

Angry Screenshots of DisplayLink monitors do not save to desktop

I am using MacOSX 10.6.7. When I attempt to take screen shots of windows that are displayed on a monitor connected via DisplayLink, the screenshot is never saved to my desktop.

Performing the exact same actions with a window that is contained inside a monitor hooked up via a non DisplayPort method does produce a screen shot on my desktop. Additionally, taking a screenshot of the desktop does not include any monitors that are hooked up via DisplayLink.

Oddly enough, if the window I am attempting to take a screen shot of is only partially on a non DisplayLink monitor and partially on a DisplayLink monitor, the screen capture works fine.
johnkramlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
dcoulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkramlich View Post
I am using MacOSX 10.6.7. When I attempt to take screen shots of windows that are displayed on a monitor connected via DisplayLink, the screenshot is never saved to my desktop.
This is a known issue - If you take a screenshot of your entire desktop, it does not include any DL attached displays.
dcoulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #3
Carlo
Mac Team

Yes it's a known issue and at the moment it does not appear possible to resolve it on our side: Apple made this change in Snow Leopard and we have an open bug with them about it.
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mac, screenshot