Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2016, 05:24 AM   #1
bernard23

Unhappy USB Device keeps on turning as a Mass Storage and will not connect with the Receiver

I have an issue for my WPCTVPRO and my Windows 10 HOME Anniversary Update.
After installing the latest 8.0M2, the USB device keeps on turning on and off once I power up the WPCTVPRO. The USB device and the receiver will try to connect with each other for few seconds but will disconnect, and it will go on and on but the connection will not be stable.
In device manager, samsung host ready usb device, will always show under disk drives, even though i already turn on the receiver, on which the usb device suppose to switch to a Display adapter once the receiver is on.
Please see the attached logs of my computer for your further info.

Thank you and I hope that there will be a fix to this problem of mine.

PS. I've tried every suggestions in the forum and in support page but up to date i still can't work my WPCTVPRO to my Windows 10 desktop.
Also, I've tried installing 7.9M2 in my win10 to check if it will work, and yes it did, but unfortunately after couple of seconds of extending my desktop the problem of the USB device disconnecting to the receiver will occur and will stay as a disk drive and it will not be ok anymore.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BERNARDLUCINO_20160913_104532.zip (514.4 KB, 0 views)
bernard23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:53 AM   #2
Wim

Hi

This problem is now covered in this article:

http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...10-anniversary

Quote:
DIAMOND VSTREAM WPCTVPRO
This Diamond device is a wireless USB device. The wireless part of this product is not provided by DisplayLink and is not part of the DisplayLink drivers. It appears that the DisplayLink device is not appearing on the USB bus correctly due to the wireless link. This problem is outside DisplayLink technology and suggest contacting Diamond if this product is not working after updating to Windows 10 Anniversary update.
Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote