Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
richardnau

Default DisplayLink video adapter not detected - W10FCU

Hi there,

On a new Toshiba Portege laptop with Win10FCU, the Displaylink USB hub is working fine (keyboard and mouse working), the Displaylink icon in system tray is present, latest Displaylink drivers installed apparently correctly, but Displaylnk dislay adaptor not visible in Device Manager. (Dock is Toshiba Dynadock U3.0.)

Monitor and cable tested ok with a different pc.

Your asistance will be appreciated. Support files attached.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip STF-YH086987H_20180130_213548.zip (499.2 KB, 2 views)
richardnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:52 AM   #2
richardnau

Further information: I brought home my work laptop (Dell XPS on Win 10 FCU). I have a Displaylink-eqipped Dell dock at work. The Dell laptop immediately recognised the Toshiba dock and produced pictures. So the hardware appears to be working just fine.

My strong suspicion is that there's some issue or compatibility problem in the way the drivers have installed or are working in the Toshiba laptop.

Your analysis based on the logs will be very welcome.

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:44 PM   #3
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Richard,

Thank you for the detailed description, the logs and additional feedback. They are helpful.

What I can see is that there's no hardware detected on the Toshiba logs you sent.
DisplayLink graphics driver has not started as there is no DisplayLinkManager.log present and that's (almost) the first thing the driver does when starting. There's no entry in Device Manager either (DevManView.html).
DisplayLink Ethernet driver hasn't started either (or an antivirus blocked the creation of a network adapter) as there's no entry in Network_Statistics.txt.

From setupapi.dev.log I can see the hardware was at least once seen but in Code 28 (line 27988) with 8.2 M2 driver (line 11060), most likely from Windows Update as it's what Toshiba has asked for.

Let's try to start from a clean slate.
First, I would like you to disconnect and run the cleaner (Run as Administrator is essential, even if the user has generally admin privileges).
Then, please install 8.4 M2 Development Build and when completed and exited, connect your device with a USB 2.0 (borrowed from a printer for instance)
Wait for things to stabilise (once Windows has finished to do something like popup hardware, if any).
Then, please gather new logs for me to analyse so I can see what's the new state (and I'll have a precise timeline of events to follow in the logs)

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:39 PM   #4
richardnau

Dear Alban,

Thanks for comprehensive response.

It is my wife's laptop that I am diagnosing, and she has it at work today. I am about to depart on a business trip - and won't be back until 12 February. I will follow your instructions when I return and submit the logs. Please don't think I have abandoned the issue or have ignored your kind input! Your support is appreciated.

Until the 12th (or so).

Richard.