Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-13-2022, 07:31 PM   #1
PC83

Question Mac2020 M1 with HP Monitors

Hello

Can someone please advise me. I have a new Mac 13inch M1 Chip and 2 x HPU274k monitors and i cannot seem to get both of them working.
I have followed the tutorial and also some previous comments but i seem to be missing something for sure.

Do both monitors need to be connecting over Display port or can one be over DP and one over HDMI?
I have tried daisy chaining the monitors too (which is possible with the monitors I have) but again, i am unable to make it work
When all set up the Display rotation on the DL link says "no displaylink enabled display detected"

any help appreciated - thank you in advance
PC83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 01:52 PM   #2
JanB

The 13-inch M1 MacBooks only support one external monitor out of the box.

You can simply connect the first monitor directly via one of the two USB ports (either - if available - directly via the USB input of the monitor or via a USB / DisplayPort adapter).

To connect the second monitor you actually need a DisplayLink adapter or a docking station with DisplayLink and of course the DisplayLink driver on the Mac. If your docking station supports both HDMI and DisplayPort, then it usually doesn't matter which port you use (at least that's the case with my Kensington SD4780P docking station).
JanB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hp monitors, mac m1