Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
FloridaMatt

Unhappy Dynadock vs Toshiba P875 USB 3.0 issues

Toshiba P875 laptop; Windows 8.0
Dynadock; updated to 74M2

All works with a USB 2.0 cable, with the possible exception of the USB hub unexpectedly waking the laptop from sleep.

With a USB 3.0 cable (3' or 6') I get periodic display blackouts accompanied by the windows bings that usually announce usb connection changes. And, often, after waking the laptop via the dynadock-attached keyboard, the dynadock-attached mouse does not work until I disconnect and reconnect the usb 3.0 cable.

I was *really* hoping this would be fixed in 74M2.
FloridaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Wim

The USB 3.0 hub in this dock is from VIA (not DisplayLink) and there is a firmware update for this hub to help compatibility with Windows 8. It is called "Firmware Upgrade" and is available from here:

http://support.toshiba.com/support/m...eeText=3286829

It should update the VIA hub to version 9032. Note, this FW update is for the dynadock U3 only and should not be used on other VIA hubs on other products.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
FloridaMatt

Ok, the firmware update has made things a bit better. I still get an occasional USB connection bing for no obvious reason, but the display does not blink off and on. (I'd actually done the firmware update earlier, but one of the 7x driver versions I had tried to fix other problems proceeded to reverse it.)

With one exception: I have (well, HAD) windows 8 configured to turn off the display a minute before going to sleep. When that event occurs, the external display goes off, the system bings a couple of times, and the external display comes back on. And, it appears that this activity is enough to convince win8 that the system is in use, so the sleep timer gets reset. As a result the system never sleeps.

Last edited by FloridaMatt; 10-19-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
FloridaMatt

Drat, still not right. Upon further use, we get a screen off/on a couple of times a day, and today for the second time the mouse was inoperative when the system woke from sleep.

Oh, yeah, Toshiba's great tech support finally told me that the Toshiba Dynadock isn't supported on the Toshiba P875.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
FloridaMatt

Default [Softof Solved] Dynadock vs Toshiba P875 USB 3.0 issues

Replaced the &^^$&^%$^ Dynadock with a Plugable UD-3000. Screen blinks have gone away, mouse hangs have gone away.

Don't buy a Dynadock. Except the one I'm going to unload on Ebay after Thanksgiving.