Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release

Old 11-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
feardamhan

Default DisplayLink Driver causes problem with MBP Display

Hello All

I tried installing the latest beta driver on my 10.6.4 machine, and was having issues initially. At first one of my two USB external monitors was blinking. I since discovered this to be a power problem through the USB hub. However, in the interim I downgraded to the latest released driver to attempt to solve that problem. After figuring out that it was a power issue, I installed the beta driver again.

Now, however it left my a problem whereby my external monitors would work, but when I booted my MBP on its own, the internal display no longer worked (it was simply a screen of horizontal blue lines). Since I had only just installed the MBP I didnt have a Time Machine backup yet.....so I had to reinstall again.

Now I am concerned that installing the displaylink drivers will set me back to square one.

Anyone see this issue before? Or have any recommendations? Obviously I will be taking a TM backup before installing anything this time around :-)

Thanks
Ken
Old 11-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
feardamhan

I think I may have found the answer to my own question.....found this in the release notes.....which I should have read sooner :-)

The primary screen becomes corrupted or other issues are seen when using the DisplayLink Mac driver on Core i5/i7 systems.
Disabling of automatic graphics switching can help working around this issue.

Assuming the primary display refers to the internal display, and not to the first external display, then I guess this is the problem. I would disable automatic graphics switching, except that this would mean my battery life would be slashed....I guess I will just have to wait!
Old 02-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
Rynow

Default same problem but no graphics switching option

same problem but my MBP on 10.6.5 has no automatic graphics switching option in energy saver.

however my displays both blink all weird and then recover.

any ideas?

R

Last edited by Rynow; 02-27-2011 at 02:51 PM.