Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Windows 8 Software

Old 09-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
Kabelsalat

Default DisplayLink DL-195 together with NVidia 9300M GS

I'm using an DL-195 (Club3d Sensevision) adapter for attaching a 3rd Display to my Vaio VGN-Z51XG. This Notebook has two graphic devices: Intel 4500MHD and Nvidia 9300M GS. In Intel mode, the Displaylink-Adapter works flawlessly. The problems arise when using the adapter together with the Nvidia graphics (required for dvi/hdmi out):

When attaching the Displaylink device while logged in, the 3rd screen is recognized and can be enabled, however it only displays a black screen (but signal is available and screen turns on). When rebooting with the displaylink adapter attached, the situation is even worse: 3rd screen black again, but log-in-screen seems to hang. I can move the mouse (visible on screen), but the computer does not react in any other way. Log-in not possible. Removing the displaylink adapter solves the issue.

Im using Displaylink Software 7.0. Nvidia driver version is 8.16.11.8735 (the newest driver compatible with this hybrid graphics notebook). I used the Displaylink adapter without issues in combination with windows 7 on the same notebook.

I'm using the final version of Windows 8 (MSDN).

I can provide the debug log by mail, but I'm not willing to publish it here in the forum.

Last edited by Kabelsalat; 09-15-2012 at 02:49 PM.