Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Old 08-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #11
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
Thanks for your report. It sounds like a possible compatibility issue of our kernel extension with the 2011 MacBookAir models. We're going to investigate the issue.
If you are able to easily replicate the issue, could you please test the issue without the adapter plugged in (just DisplayLink driver installed) and collect debug information using the tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269? Thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #12
sse

Unfortunately, the problem persists after the 10.7.1 upgrade. Debug information collected after triggering the problem through system sleep attached. Thanks for working on this!

Edit: as requested, no DisplayLink adapter or external display (via DisplayPort) was attached during the test
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (913.2 KB, 1007 views)

Last edited by sse; 08-20-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #13
msaspence

Default Same problem

I am also having the same problem

I'm on a 10.7.1 2011 2.3 GHz 13" MacBook Pro

Scroll and some animations choppy after sleep, fine again after reboot
Some not affected (finder's scroll for example is fine)
Uninstalling the driver fixes
Reinstalling has the same problem
Am on beta 3

Attached info zips are with out the usb device plugged in
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information No Driver.zip (273.5 KB, 19705 views)
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information Before Sleep.zip (275.7 KB, 854 views)
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information After Sleep.zip (276.1 KB, 838 views)
Old 08-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #14
ChristianP

Thanks for the logs.We are investigating the issue. It seems a kernel extension issue with power management on 2011 models.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #15
gur

Default Graphic Performance issue after sleep

Hi,

I experience this issue as well on my MBP 2011 i5 2.3GHZ.

I tried to reinstall Lion and drivers but this issue appear again.

Please inform us about the status of this issue.

Do you have any workaround or solutions?

Thanks,
Old 09-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #16
msaspence

Default whats the latest

What's the latest on this?
It is still happening for me on beta 4
And it is not in the known issues list
Old 09-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #17
patrickdempsey

Default Having the Same Problem on Macbook Air

I am certainly having the same issue on version 3 and 4 of the beta.

After the Macbook goes to sleep (with the DisplayLink Beta 4 for the 1.7 installed), it is then slow on scrolling/zooming graphics upon resuming from sleep. The Activity Monitor isn't being overtaxed...I have the fully maxed out Macbook Air 1.8 with 4GB ram and the % of CPU usage never going much above 12% when scrolling in Safari.

It is strange because it seems to primarily impact Safari and Chrome's ability to scroll smoothly and quickly. PDFs and Word documents are also impacted in their scrolling, albeit less than web pages. Moving windows around on the screen and playing movies does not appear to be impacted at all. Ironically, scrolling on a page with an actively playing flash video fixes the problem...and it is also fixed when I pause the flash video...but it goes back to the same jerky and slow web scrolling when I go back to a regular webpage. For example, scrolling up and down when 720p flash video from Vimeo or Youtube is being played in the browser window is butter smooth...but going back to the home page of Vimeo or Youtube makes the jerky/slow scroll/zoom return immediately.

The problem persists even after disconnecting the displaylink and even when on the Macbook's native screen only.

The problem is fully resolved by a reboot.

After another sleep session, the problem returns with the same symptoms as listed above.

If I uninstall the Displaylink Driver, the problem never appears, even after sleep sessions. The problem returns upon reinstalling the Displaylink driver.

This leads me to believe that it is definitely being cause by the Displaylink driver. It is not a CPU resource issue or even a purely graphics resource issue because the problem is temporarily resolved by scrolling on a page that has active playback of flash video. Don't know much about this type of technology, but it would seem that resources are being directed AWAY from scrolling unnecessarily after sleep when this driver is installed.

I can do a video and send it in of the symptoms if requested...the problem can be replicated 100% of the time under the conditions above.

Patrick Dempsey
Processor 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1 (11B2118)
Old 09-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #18
ChristianP

Thanks Patrick for the detailed report. We are still trying to replicate and understand the issue. I assume the issue happens even if the adapter is not plugged in, is that correct?Could you please use the debug tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269, collect the info after seeing the scrolling issue and post the output file? A video of the scrolling issue would also help. Thanks
Old 09-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #19
patrickdempsey

Default Video of Error in Scrolling

Here is a follow-up video where I show the examples of the scrolling problem that occurs after awaking from sleep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZYWMxAEPZg
Old 09-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #20
patrickdempsey

Default Log File...

I have also created a log file "DisplayLinkInformation.zip"...please let me know where I should post/send the log file.