Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 2.0 release

Old 02-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #11
D43m0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlukaszek View Post
Very interesting. Do you happen to have a USB 2.0 A-B cable that you could connect the dock to the Mac with, instead of USB 3.0 cable which was shipped with it? That would help with diagnosing the problem further.
you are not going to believe this, but apparently it broke down, halfway... When connected, I do have USB-hub functionality (any USB device I plug into the Targus works on the MBA), but none of the DisplayLink functionality works. I asked a colleague to try his laptop with Windows 7 (a Dell model with USB 3.0). He has used this Targus dock before with complete success, but now it only recognizes the USB-hub, not any DisplayLink device like audio, video or network. Is it safe to assume the USB cable that shipped with it is in fine order, since the USB-hub works fine?

What else is there to try?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
mlukaszek

This is roughly what we see in logs from the Mac driver - USB hubs arriving but nothing else, hence no displays are added. When you connect the dock to your Mac, go to Apple menu -> About This Mac -> More info... -> System report... and check under Hardware -> USB if you can see something appearing under Hubs (you may need to refresh with Command+R).

Thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #13
Volkurah

Problem unsolved for me...

I've formated my macbook pro, but same problem...

Need to have issue... too long now. 7 months and I cannot use my purchase.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (45.5 KB, 887 views)
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #14
mlukaszek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkurah View Post
Problem unsolved for me...

I've formated my macbook pro, but same problem...
Again, if the device you cannot use is the one that was connected to the machine while you were capturing logs, then we cannot help you as it is not a DisplayLink device.
If it is not the device you have problems with, please connect it to the machine and then capture logs again.

Thanks,
Michal
Old 02-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #15
D43m0n

I now have another unit, not from Targus but from Kensington (sd3500v). After installing the v2 alpha 3 driver and rebooting, I connected the USB3.0 cable and waited for about 2 minutes (I read somewhere there might be a firmware update needed). After 2 minutes I disconnected and reconnected the USB3.0 cable again en there's my second DisplayLink powered screen!

Wim wrote in the release notes that ethernet doesn't work yet. That's true when you install the driver, without the DisplayLink driver my MBA recognizes an ethernet connection that fully works. Wim also wrote that audio on USB3.0 will not work, but on USB2.0 it will. All MacBooks however have a combined USB2.0 and USB3.0 port. It automatically recognizes which USB spec to use.