Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.6 Software Release

Old 04-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
PoWl

Default Mimo UM-720F flickering problem @ Win7 :(

Hi,

i have a problem with my Mimo UM-720F (edit: not S) Display. Every time when i plug it into the PC or reconfigurate some display settings in windows the usb-display is flickering when it turns on. The flicker can be best seen on grey backgrounds. On white backgrounds it is not recognizable so its not the LED-backlight that flickers. The flickering gets better and better within about 3 minutes, then its completely gone.

The display starts flickering when:
- I restart the PC
- I change something at the display settings in Windows so the Display has to reinitialize itself
- I plug it in when it was not plugged in before since i startet the PC
- I send the PC to standby-mode and wake it up again (only @ win7 starter!)

However, the display DOESN'T start flickering when:
- I send the PC to standby-mode and wake it up again (only @ win7 home premium!)
- I send the PC to hibernate-mode and wake it up again
- I pull the disp off and plug it on again while the PC runs (doesn't matter how much time is in between)
- I turn the display off and later on again

Therefore it can only be an issue with the drivers, software, firmware but not an electronical problem because the previous points prove that the display IS able to start working without flickering after beeing off for a longer time.

I installed the latest Displaylink Drivers (5.6) but it had no effect. The flickering is extremely annoying because the display was destined for a car-pc.

Has anyone of you the same problems?
Please everyone that has NOT this problem, post anyway! It's a help for me to know if the display is damaged and this is a case of warranty.

Greetings from Germany,
Paul H.

Last edited by PoWl; 04-21-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
PoWl

Please please all the guys who are reading this. Please tell me if you also have these flickering problems with your mimo display or not
Old 04-21-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
Sandelsium

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoWl View Post
Please please all the guys who are reading this. Please tell me if you also have these flickering problems with your mimo display or not
I have a problem that is kind of flickering but not similar as in your case. I have the latest 5.6 drivers installed and have 2 DVI attached displays in Geforce GTX 580 video card and 2 Samsung U70 displays. My screens go black one after another in a sequence and they remain black for a few seconds and then turn back on in sequence. This happens randomly but is very irritating as all displays go black for a while. I now have to try older DisplayLink drivers to see if that fixes this problem.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
Blackrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandelsium View Post
I have a problem that is kind of flickering but not similar as in your case. I have the latest 5.6 drivers installed and have 2 DVI attached displays in Geforce GTX 580 video card and 2 Samsung U70 displays. My screens go black one after another in a sequence and they remain black for a few seconds and then turn back on in sequence. This happens randomly but is very irritating as all displays go black for a while. I now have to try older DisplayLink drivers to see if that fixes this problem.
I had this problem. I have 4 monitors attached through display link software devices. For me it happened with only one monitor. Initially that particular monitor will flicker on off . then the flicker will stop after sometime.

The solution I found was ,

once we set the native resolution in the display properties through windows setup, for each of these individual monitors of different brands/makes this problem got removed. My OS is Vista Business

Last edited by Blackrock; 04-22-2011 at 05:50 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:48 AM   #5
Blackrock

again I got today the flickering problem. It seems setting the native resolution of monitor in the display properties does not solve the flikering problem. There may be some other reason. so, we should wait for the support for and answer.