Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-17-2018, 11:32 AM   #281
Poly

Dear DisplayLink Team,

can you please give us a vague prognosis,
  1. whether a "dual extended display" mode will eventually work again, preferably at higher a resolution than 1080p (e.g. 1440p) with a future macOS release i.e. 10.13.5 or later. Is there hope?
  2. Would you recommend to skip the current 10.13.4 entirely, because of the current limitations or lack of a decent API from Apple?
  3. Is the current AirPlay API just an emergency workaround or permanent?
  4. Will there be a new non-AirPlay API, or will you have to stick with AirPlay for a while? AirPlay is indeed limited to 1080p only, and AFAIK has no multiple display support.

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2018, 12:02 PM   #282
LarryG

Default Separate Display now running at 1680x1050 on 2012 MBA Beta 4

Running on 10.13.5 public beta - all working now. Thank you DisplayLink!
LarryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:04 AM   #283
dirkseidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkseidel View Post
It seems to be a combination of sleeping and deattaching which causes the need to reinstall for me.
With the new beta version the bugs I experienced are gone. Thanks!
The only downside for me with the current fix is the limitation to 1080p which leave some black bars on my screen. But I guess this is a limitation of using AirPlay and cannot be overcome by DisplayLink other than with their announced "real" fix in the future, or am I wong?
dirkseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:07 AM   #284
Wozzy

When are we going to see better resolution?

We run quad HD Dell Ultrasharp screens, 1080p looks awful on them, the is such a waste of expensive equipment (DL dock and screens) not being utilised fully.
Wozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:43 AM   #285
LarryG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkseidel View Post
With the new beta version the bugs I experienced are gone. Thanks!
The only downside for me with the current fix is the limitation to 1080p which leave some black bars on my screen. But I guess this is a limitation of using AirPlay and cannot be overcome by DisplayLink other than with their announced "real" fix in the future, or am I wong?
Hi did you try going into display settings and holding down option when you click on scaled in resolutions to see if if gives you more resolutions to choose from. Worked for me.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #286
dirkseidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
Hi did you try going into display settings and holding down option when you click on scaled in resolutions to see if if gives you more resolutions to choose from. Worked for me.
There is just 720p and 1080p.
Do you get options for higher resolutions than 1920x1080???
dirkseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:05 AM   #287
Bob Basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
Running on 10.13.5 public beta - all working now. Thank you DisplayLink!
With all working do you mean as it was with 10.13.3 or with the temp fix with airplay monitor?
Bob Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:45 AM   #288
LarryG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Basket View Post
With all working do you mean as it was with 10.13.3 or with the temp fix with airplay monitor?
Yes airplay use as separate display monitor running at 1680x1050 plus using Thunderbolt display in addition to give 2 full size displays. This meets my needs.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:40 PM   #289
gpsutter

Default Safari Black Images on DisplayLink Monitor

I now have an extended monitor working, using AirPlay. Thank you. But there seems to be another gift from High Sierra: Blackened images on Safari on the Display Link monitor.

Chrome works perfectly. When I drag the Safari blackened image to another monitor, the image appears. This problem is probably more High Sierra than any hardware issue.

Someone suggested changing the Display profile in System Prefs from HD 709-A to sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

That's when I discovered that the DisplayLink monitor was locked on HD 709-A.

This is a relatively small price to pay to have my extended monitor back, but does anybody have any thoughts about my problem, or have it themselves?

Last edited by gpsutter; 05-21-2018 at 07:56 PM.
gpsutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:41 AM   #290
mark_jeff

Thumbs down Lottery

So every-time i plug my Dell Docking station in, running this version of the beta, and the Previous version of the beta, its a Lottery Chance that it will actually work.

there is no consistency to the setting up of the extended screen, after 10min i tend to just plug in a normal screen extender cable, but then means i loose all the Docking station Functionality.
mark_jeff is offline   Reply With Quote