Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 09-01-2018, 01:48 AM   #511
MC Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 100 View Post
Apologies if I missed it.

But I have been back through the thread and see no answers regarding a possible solution for High Sierra users who cannot upgrade to Mojave because it will not support their hardware.
Almost 9 months and no real fix, Display Link is a joke.
MC Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:22 PM   #512
johnmharte

Default Joined only to say

+1 on OSX support.

Mirroring or a single display is not "support" I can do that a number of different ways.

In our case we have very expensive human scale arms+docks that use displaylink. There is a very critical team within our company that runs an OSX based platform. The one issue, displaylink software. We've asked HumanScale to find another way, to get away from DisplayLink or at least give us another dock/OSX compatible option and to stop saying it's product is OSX compatible at all.

I joined the forum to make this one complaint. We've been waiting for new drivers since early 2018.

https://www.humanscale.com/products/...roup=mconnect2
HumanScale MConnect2 with M8 Arms
They state OSX is "supported" and brochure pictures have a mac book pro in them.

OSX 10.13.6 today.

Last edited by johnmharte; 09-05-2018 at 01:28 PM.
johnmharte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:19 PM   #513
tommiy

What happen to the rest of the entries in this thread. It used to be at page 58 and now back at page 52. Seems everything has been removed?
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:32 AM   #514
Sofla David

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiy View Post
What happen to the rest of the entries in this thread. It used to be at page 58 and now back at page 52. Seems everything has been removed?
I've been watching this thread for months, and it has never been bigger. I know because I keep updating the page number in the bookmark link as it has grown so that it takes me to the last page and I can keep updated.
Sofla David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #515
Pbowater

Indeed, never been bigger than this.
Pbowater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:01 PM   #516
smp999

So, the workaround was working. Now Airplay does not recognize the USB monitor.

I am on 10.13.6, MacMini late 2012 and I have downloaded the 4.3 beta 5. I have uninstalled, reinstalled the Beta 5 a few times. Powered off/on, still the 3rd monitor is blank.

I have followed the FAQ install steps and gone into System - Security and Privacy and DisplayLink is enabled under Accessability.

Is there something I can do differently? I am wondering if the actual USB device has gone defective.
smp999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:29 AM   #517
mlukaszek

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp999 View Post
So, the workaround was working. Now Airplay does not recognize the USB monitor.
Would be best if you raised this in a separate thread. Can you post logs so we can see more details about your setup?

Cheers,
Michal
mlukaszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #518
MC Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlukaszek View Post
Would be best if you raised this in a separate thread. Can you post logs so we can see more details about your setup?

Cheers,
Michal
You know what "would be best"? Fixing the problem, that "would be best". I know, it's only been 9 months now... maybe one of these days you guys will fix the problem.
MC Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:57 PM   #519
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Update: September 12th
Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

DisplayLink has worked for many months to maintain support for its users during the transition from macOS High Sierra to Mojave. While functionality such as Ethernet and audio or charging, where implemented, is unaffected on all releases, display connectivity has been limited on macOS releases from 10.13.4 through 10.13.6.

Users with access to Apple 10.14 Mojave previews released since 30th July confirmed full support was restored for multiple extended DisplayLink displays.
We are performing wide scale testing of v5.0 beta released today against current and upcoming previews to release v5.0 upon general availability of 10.14.

Users on High Sierra 10.13.4-10.13.6 should install the newly published v4.3 as the workaround to enable one extended USB display now supports additional resolutions.
An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.
DisplayLink driver v4.3 released today is also applicable to Mac OS X 10.12 and other macOS 10.13 versions.

Some MacBook 2018 models on 10.14 previews may experience black extended display(s) with only mouse cursor. DisplayLink driver v4.3 Beta 6 stays available to force an AirPlay extended display on these machines until a fix is distributed.

We thank you for your extended patience, we continue to value your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:18 PM   #520
tommiy

10.14 Public release is September 24 as announced today. Whats the position against the last beta of Mojave? Are you in a better position than late last year when the beta of 10.13.4 was first released? Is there a release date planned for 5.0 drivers that correspond with Apples date or there is going to be a delay? Is that what the words surrounding the testing is referring to?
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote