Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2022, 04:16 PM   #1
vexvtious

Exclamation Dock crashing on wake, reset required each time

I've been experiencing a weird issue for the past while that I can't seem to fix or pinpoint and I'm wondering if there's visibility into the issue.

Whenever I put my Macbook to sleep, it seems like the dock or DisplayLink Manager crashes and I'm unable to wake both my screens. Pressing a button will wake only one of the monitors and the second one will refuse to turn on. The display that does wake up won't operate as normal and would be frozen. My only workaround is to disconnect power to the dock and reconnect; doing this will successfully connect both monitors again but there have been instances where video feeds (i.e. YouTube, Google Meet) will refuse to load.

I've started experiencing this issue ever since I updated to MacOS Ventura. I'm currently on v1.8.0 of DisplayLink Manager.

Would this be an issue with the dock or with the software?

Let me know if there's anything I'd need to provide to better troubleshoot. Thanks!
vexvtious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 07:21 AM   #2
BunOli

I have a similar problem with Ventura + DisplayLink V1.8.0.

When the monitors go to standby the program seems to "forget" them after logging in again DisplayLink is still running but it also doesn't show any monitors under Home > "Display Rotation and toggle"...

I have to unplug and replug the dock...

In addition, the unlocking with the AppleWatch in 1.8.0 no longer works ...
BunOli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 11:16 AM   #3
rboerner
Super Moderator

If you are experiencing unexpected behavior while using a DisplayLink-based product in conjunction with macOS and the manufacturer of the docking station is unable to assist you, the best path forward would be to report the issue to DisplayLink directly by following this procedure --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 01:35 AM   #4
ambarp

Cool

Same issue. M2 Macbook Air, OSX Ventura (13.0, 13.0.1, and 13.1 all have same issue), dock is shown in system profile but monitors are dead until I unplug/replug the dock to USB after wake.

I used the procedure shown and sent in my system profile before and after wake, e-mailed in the information. I hope it gets resolved! I bought a USB-A "on-off switch" because unplugging and replugging the dock to my machine is becoming a nuisance.
ambarp is offline   Reply With Quote