Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
Jordantimber

Default All monitors Blank when waking from sleep

When my monitors go into any form of power saving mode, they are blank. This happens regardless of whether or not I am currently using my USB-HDMI adapter. The only way to fix it is either a reboot, or attach/detach my USB-HDMI display adapter and then turn off the driver manually. It still will often return to blank screens on next resume, despite turning the DisplayLink software display to "Off"

When I uninstalled the driver, the issue went away. I tried the latest driver, still buggy. I tried a slightly older driver in case the new one had an issue, still happens.

I don't care for any DisplayLink features or anything, I just need an extra display. Windows 7 can already manage the display once the USB-HDMI hardware is installed.

Is there any bare-bones raw driver I can try? I don't care for DisplayLink being able to manage the monitor.

Machine:
Dell laptop
Intel Core i3
Win7 Pro
Samsung SSD
Nvidia 3100M

Iogear USB-HDMI unit.

(NOTE: Since this is a company machine with security policies I cannot provide detailed logs readily, unless I can look for something specific to filter out. Windows Event Viewer showed no logged issues at the time of the event)

-Jimmy

EDIT: there is also a VGA monitor that I tend to have plugged in. But this issue happens regardless of any external displays being connected.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #2
xnaron

Looks like I have a similar issue. Did you ever find a fix?
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63404
xnaron is offline   Reply With Quote