Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2023, 03:56 PM   #1
shidoh

Angry Is there any fix for displaylink planned?

The problem has already risen in several topics, the developers have been ignoring the problem for more than a month or writing standard replies. There is a useless piece of iron on the table now.

Just do not write "Send us information for debugging" again. I think the information has already been sent enough, judging by the neighboring topics. Everyone somehow encountered Ventura 13.4 and DisplayLink 1.8.1, which does not see the connected displays after the update, it just manifests itself in different ways.
shidoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 05:38 PM   #2
gc134

Did you have any luck fixing this?
gc134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 04:18 AM   #3
shidoh

Unhappy

no all fixes were tried and the D6000 was sent to the shelf, until the displaylink developers wake up and release an update.
Old 07-10-2023, 02:17 PM   #4
solo-act

Quote:
Originally Posted by shidoh View Post
...judging by the neighboring topics. Everyone somehow encountered Ventura 13.4 and DisplayLink 1.8.1, which does not see the connected displays after the update, it just manifests itself in different ways.
Same happening here. Sent a log this morning and I'll continue sending logs until their support people get sick of them. I suggest everyone do the same and bury their support with logs until they put out another update.

https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

You can also send the log through DisplayLink manager if you want. Just follow the instructions under the "support" tab.
solo-act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 01:50 PM   #5
solo-act

Update: support has created a ticket for my issue and hopes to recreate it and work on a solution. It's intermittent so I'm guessing the more logs they can receive from those having the problem the better.
Old 07-20-2023, 01:53 PM   #6
solo-act

Based on posts here and replies to my emails, Daniel appears to be the only support person working on this. He sent a link to DisplayLink 1.9.

Here it is if you want to try it out.
https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...9?filetype=exe
Old 07-21-2023, 05:09 PM   #7
shidoh

Unhappy

unfortunately 1.9 and 1.10(A) did not help. I also tried to reset the layout settings through the support application
Old 07-22-2023, 04:14 PM   #8
solo-act

1.9 did not improve ANYTHING with my setup. I know the setup works because it worked great with prior versions of Displaylink (once the programmers got their act together).

With Ventura 13.4 and newer on Apple Silicone laptops in clamshell mode, I'm back to displays not reliably waking from sleep with 1.8.1 and now with 1.9. I keep emailing support, and they responding helpfully within 24 hours, but it doesn't appear that they serve any function beyond basic troubleshooting and forwarding logs to technicians.
Old 07-27-2023, 01:44 PM   #9
solo-act

1.10.0 beta didn't improve anything either so I signed up for notifications when new betas come out because support just tells the programmers it's not working and passes on the link to latest version.

When my M2 laptop (running in clamshell mode) has been asleep all night with my 2 LED monitors powered off, and when I power up the monitors and wake the laptop in the morning, DisplayLink is not recognizing my dock and passing the signal to the monitors.

In 1.8 one of the monitors would come up, but now neither do.

Regardless, in 1.8, 1.9, and 1.10.0 alpha, getting both monitors to work requires power-cycling the dock. It's like DisplayLink forgets the dock and monitors exist if the laptop sleeps all night and the monitors have been powered off all night (I keep the dock running).
Old 07-31-2023, 06:53 PM   #10
shidoh

Unhappy

Switched to a siliconmotion docking station. Ugly and laggy, but it works.

D6000 did not work after all the manipulations