Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-24-2018, 09:43 PM   #1
MichaelBender

Default How do I know if I am using DisplayLink?

Hello everyone, sorry for what might sound like a stupid question, but how do I know if I am using DisplayLink? I have a 15" TouchBar MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.3 connected to:
  1. Two LG 4K panels via a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter for each monitor.
  2. One HP LP3065 panel via a USB-C to Thunderbolt adapter to an Apple Dual-Link DVI adapter to the Dual-Link DVI interface on the monitor.
  3. One Sun Microsystems 24.1" panel via a USB-C to HDMI (in a hub) adapter to an HDMI switch to an HDMI to single-link DVI adapter to the panel.

I have the following DisplayLink driver installed:

Code:
$ kextstat | grep -v apple
Index Refs Address            Size       Wired      Name (Version) UUID <Linked Against>
   17    0 0xffffff7f80f3a000 0xf000     0xf000     com.displaylink.driver.DisplayLinkDriver (4.1 (11)) 5A240BCF-1B8D-3A9E-B21B-B12D639AC9D9 <16 12 5 4 3>
although I don't know if I need it installed. How do I know if I'm using it, and if I'm not, how can I safely remove it from my system? I am experiencing Watchdog resets during sleep and I want to rule out this driver being the cause.

Also, should I hold off updating to 10.13.4 because of all the kernel panics I am seeing on this forum?

Thanks for any help!
MichaelBender is offline   Reply With Quote