Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
rufwork

Default Monitor that was working stopped

I have a laptop hooked up to two external monitors, one that does 1080p and one that'll go to 1920x1200. As the DisplayLink adapter that I have (Rosewill RCAD-11002) won't do 1920x1200, I've been powering the higher resolution monitor with the VGA out and the lower res with the DisplayLink adapter.

I've been shuttling the adapter home for my home office and back, and recently had it stop driving the monitor at work. The external on VGA output is fine.

This is in Windows 7. The DisplayLink monitor does *not* appear in the Screen Resolution/Appearance control panel.

Strangely, if I hook the adapter up to the 1920x1200 display now, it will display 1920x1080, and the VGA output will drive the 1080p monitor just fine. But when I switch them to my original configuration, nothing on the DisplayLink side.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled 7.0 and 7.2. No luck, but I have to think this is a software issue of some sort. The thing will drive a monitor, and has driven the lower res monitor for months previously.

Any ideas?

Last edited by rufwork; 04-26-2013 at 05:40 PM.
rufwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
rufwork

Just to follow-up quickly, it appears to be "driving" a "No Monitor". I can seem to change resolution, to move windows on and off, change their size, unplug the monitor and have every "flash" -- I can basically do everything but make the monitor display anything.

The monitor that's not behaving is a ViewSonic VX2450wm.

Image of what I see in the control panel:

The one on the right, #3, is the "No Monitor". The other two have outputs.

Last edited by rufwork; 04-30-2013 at 04:05 PM.
rufwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:16 PM   #3
Dan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufwork View Post
I have a laptop hooked up to two external monitors, one that does 1080p and one that'll go to 1920x1200. As the DisplayLink adapter that I have (Rosewill RCAD-11002) won't do 1920x1200, I've been powering the higher resolution monitor with the VGA out and the lower res with the DisplayLink adapter.

I've been shuttling the adapter home for my home office and back, and recently had it stop driving the monitor at work. The external on VGA output is fine.

This is in Windows 7. The DisplayLink monitor does *not* appear in the Screen Resolution/Appearance control panel.

Strangely, if I hook the adapter up to the 1920x1200 display now, it will display 1920x1080, and the VGA output will drive the 1080p monitor just fine. But when I switch them to my original configuration, nothing on the DisplayLink side.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled 7.0 and 7.2. No luck, but I have to think this is a software issue of some sort. The thing will drive a monitor, and has driven the lower res monitor for months previously.

Any ideas?

Hai
Rosewill RCAD-11002 which chipset used inside ??
Dan99 is offline   Reply With Quote