Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 11-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #11
ronmag

Default I think I've got a solution

The solution that seems to work is:
1. Plug in the Dell D3000 USB display dock to my lap top. Open up my lap top.
2. No display on second monitor.
3. Work on my lap top with only the lap top display for 15 minutes.
4. Unplug the Dell D3000 display dock power for 10 seconds.
5. Second monitor now displays.
6. Contemplate for 10 minutes why it took me so darn long to figure this out.
ronmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:52 PM   #12
bpeterson76

Default Definitely software issues

I can confirm that the "one monitor not working" problem is a driver related issue. It happened to me today, despite making no intentional changes to the driver software or windows. I happen to have access to 6 different Dell D3000 DisplayLink hubs -- all acting exactly the same way on only my Dell Precision M3800, but working correctly on other identical laptops in the office. When connected to my machine, each has failed video on one of the two video ports. What's interesting is that when the hub is disconnected and one is plugged in, the second fails.....repeat the process plugging the second device in first, and the other device fails. I've rebooted multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled software completely, no matter what, I can't beat this problem.

Let's chalk it up to a bad release on DisplayLink's side. Hopefully they get their act together and put out a product driver that actually works for a change.
bpeterson76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:06 PM   #13
guy.houlsby

Default Same problem

A have remarkably similar problem with ACP70EU connected to a Dell XPS13. It used to work, but now the dock simply refuses to admit to the existence of the attached screens and internet connection. Oddly it does still connect the keyboard and mouse via its USB ports. Have tried DisplayLink's usual suggestions of power cycling/disconnecting/updating software etc but none of this makes any difference at all. There seems to be a serious issue at the heart of this, which DisplayLink seem reluctant to acknowledge.
guy.houlsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:33 PM   #14
TargusLevel3

Default Item Number Please

Guy,
What is the Item number (shown on the bottom of the dock)?
TargusLevel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:59 AM   #15
ddor

Default Same problem as bpeterson76

Hello,

I also have a Dell M3800 connected to DisplayLink Superspeed USB 3.0 docking station and have the same problem of being unable to display on two external screens.

I bought my computer and the docking station in May 2014. I connected two external screens to the docking station, one through HDMI and the other through the VGA/DVI adaptator. Everything first worked well but in July, I lost the display on the two external screens as well as the ethernet connection through the docking station. Only the USB ports were working.

Dell changed the docking station under guarantee. Less than one year later, I got the problem again but as I was in North America for several months, I couldn't obtain a new replacement of the docking station.

I called Dell last week. They first suggested me to update the driver but it didn't solve the issue. They then suspected a problem with the OS (Windows 8.1) and suggested me to reinstall it. As I use my computer professionally, I don't have 3 days to loose to reinstall all my softwares. In addition, there is no guarantee that this will bring a stable solution.

I cannot understand why the problem is with the computer and not with the docking station or its driver.

Could someone please help me find a solution?

Thank you !
ddor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:23 PM   #16
ronmag

Default Definitiely a temperature problem

Me again. Dell D3000 dock worked great all summer. Once the weather cooled off a bit, Dell D3000 will not display to my second monitor when I get to work in the morning. The solution is to:

1. Work with only the laptop monitor for the first hour in the morning until the dock warms up.
2. Then power cycle the Dell D3000 dock.
3. Wait for the second monitor to display.
4. Reboot my laptop.
I guess my Dell D3000 dock just doesn't like fully waking up on cold mornings. Perhaps I will procure a new dock one day. Perhaps I will retire to a desert inland with no computers.
My new problem is to get a monitor working with a DisplayPort cable. DVI works! HDMI works! DisplayPort NFW! I'm too old for this.
ronmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:17 PM   #17
Bitoper

Default Same problem - any solution yet???

Same problem here, using a Dell XPS and DisplayLink Superspeed USB 3.0 docking station.

It worked for me for a couple of days but after last Window update not working. Tried everything to fix it but no luck this time.

Really annoying that so many of you have experienced the same issue but it hasnt been resolved yet.
Bitoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:59 PM   #18
Cgarciaarano

Hi, same problem here.

I think I have resolved it so far. I had the docking station plugged to a faulty power strip. I noticed that when I put the plug in the socket sometimes there were sparks.

I have changed the power strip and it's been working for a while. So, check your power setup, it seems the docking station is pretty sensitive with it.

Regards
Cgarciaarano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #19
AlbanRampon

Arrow

If you have hardware issues, may I recommend you flag this to Dell who makes the hardware?
Unfortunately, there is not much we can do on the software or at chip level for that...

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 09:24 AM   #20
chl421

Smile 5 years later this comment helped me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgarciaarano View Post
Hi, same problem here.

I think I have resolved it so far. I had the docking station plugged to a faulty power strip. I noticed that when I put the plug in the socket sometimes there were sparks.

I have changed the power strip and it's been working for a while. So, check your power setup, it seems the docking station is pretty sensitive with it.

Regards
Thanks, I´ve tried everything, I changed the power strip, power cable and USB cable and something there worked. Thanks!!!!
chl421 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d3000, dell, driver, monitor