Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 04-04-2016, 11:17 PM   #1
stkdev248

Default No Signal on Windows 10 with Imation Link Wireless AV Extender

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 decided to try to connect my laptop to my TV today via the Wireless AV Extender, but I don't seem to get any connection. The USB transmitter is connected directly to my laptop on a USB 3.0 port (but I have tried the 2.0 ports as well) and the receiver is connected to my JVC TV via HDMI. I have gone through the basic troubleshooting steps found on this forum to ensure the Display Link software is installed, service is running, Device ID is not PID_8060, and I upgraded my NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360m driver. But I still only see the "imation LINK" screen on my TV and my laptop does not detect the TV as another monitor. Attached are the logs from the Support Tool. Any help getting this to work would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ricardo
Attached Files
File Type: zip QOSMIO-X505_20160405_000012.zip (633.7 KB, 2 views)
stkdev248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #2
zarei.ir

Quote:
Originally Posted by stkdev248 View Post
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 decided to try to connect my laptop to my TV today via the Wireless AV Extender, but I don't seem to get any connection. The USB transmitter is connected directly to my laptop on a USB 3.0 port (but I have tried the 2.0 ports as well) and the receiver is connected to my JVC TV via HDMI. I have gone through the basic troubleshooting steps found on this forum to ensure the Display Link software is installed, service is running, Device ID is not PID_8060, and I upgraded my NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360m driver. But I still only see the "imation LINK" screen on my TV and my laptop does not detect the TV as another monitor. Attached are the logs from the Support Tool. Any help getting this to work would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ricardo
i dont have access to download
zarei.ir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
stkdev248

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarei.ir View Post
Oddly enough, it seems I don't have access to it either. Regardless, since the time of my original post I've given up on trying to get the DisplayLink adapter to work and resorted back to a simple HDMI cable. Thanks anyway.
stkdev248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:33 AM   #4
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,
Downloads are only accessible to DisplayLink support staff to protect user details present in the logs.
The issue with these wireless adapters on Windows 10 Anniversary Update tends to come from the wireless link. If there is no DisplayLink device in Device Manager, then you should look at that first.
DisplayLink does not design, manufacture or sell end products. We are a semiconductor company creating one chip used in that design. The manufacturer is also adding another chip, not from DisplayLink as we don't have any wireless chip today, to offer the wireless USB link. The driver package from DisplayLink does not, and never has, provided the driver for the wireless link because it is not our technology... and different manufacturers used different wireless links.

The solution here would be to look at Device Manager and see what device comes up and goes when you connect and disconnect the dongle from the PC.
In the OP logs, the recognised connected device is Aleron UWB Transmitter using the DisplayLink USB identification. I would recommend getting these Aleron driver installed on that machine.

I don't believe that device will work on Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 05:05 PM   #5
fahad187

[QUOTE=stkdev248;79950]I recently upgraded to Windows 10 decided to try to connect my laptop to my TV today via the Wireless AV Extender, but I don't seem to get any connection. The USB transmitter is connected directly to my laptop on a USB 3.0 port (but I have tried the 2.0 ports as well) and the receiver is connected to my JVC TV via HDMI. I have gone through the basic troubleshooting steps found on this forum to ensure the Display Link software is installed, service is running, Device ID is not PID_8060, and I upgraded my NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360m driver. But I still only see the "imation LINK" screen on my TV and my laptop does not detect the TV as another monitor. Attached are the logs from the Support Tool. Any help getting this to work would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ricardo[/QUOTEfff
fahad187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 10:21 PM   #6
esamasj

esamasj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
imation link wireless, nvidia, windows 10