Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2024, 05:15 PM   #1
telejohnny0815

Default rendering issue with usb 3.0 display

Hi there!

I am using a usb 3.0 display via DisplayLink drivers and Windows 11 detects it correctly as second monitor. It is connected to one of the usb 3.0 ports on the back of my desktop pc, directly to the mainboard. (I also tried a powered usb hub though)

However, the display seems not to be working properly. I can move the mouse cursor over to the screen and I can even see the loading icon next to the cursor sometimes but whenever I try to click an icon or move a window to that screen it simply does not show up. Clicking the task bar for example does not give any visual feedback like on my main screen but the clicked icon does indeed open that particular program on my main monitor. So it seems to be working - just not visually correct.

In summary, on that USB screen I can see no interactions or windows, I only see the mouse cursor and my desktop wallpaper as well as the taskbar (all static without any animations except the mouse cursor).

When I connect the same usb display to my laptop instead it is working perfectly right out of the box.

Can anyone help or give advise?

Displaylink driver version 11.2.3146.0
windows 11 64 bit
telejohnny0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 08:55 PM   #2
telejohnny0815

I was able to fix it by disabling NVIDIA GeforceExperience ScreenCapturing aka Shadowplay - it works perfectly now.
telejohnny0815 is offline   Reply With Quote