Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 04-18-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
Arthur.and

Default Dell D6000 dock powers itself after computer shutdown

Hello there!

My Acer E5-473 laptop runs Windows 10 64bit 1607 and I use a Dell D6000 dock over USB 3.0. It works perfectly, except when I turn the computer off. When I turn it off with the dock connected, the white led turns red and then the USB devices connected on the dock are powered off as expected, but after 10 seconds with the USB cable still plugged on the laptop, the dock powers back on all the USB devices connected to it, even though the led stays red. I have no USB devices plugged on the front USB ports, only on the back. I have the latest stable driver installed (9.1.1462.0). When it enters this state, even if I unplug it from the already powered off laptop it does not turn off the USB devices, it does only turn them off if I connect the dock to a powered on computer and then disconnect from it.

How can this issue be solved? It is pretty annoying since I have it on my room and there are devices that make noise and have leds like the laptop fan stand.

Thank you,

Arthur
Arthur.and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:46 PM   #2
various_artists

Bumping a year old thread here, but i'm having the exact same problem.
Arthur.and - Did you ever get this resolved?

I've got a Dell D6000 dock, running with a HP notebook. Everything works exactly as expected, latest drivers, latest firmware, but I noticed after I shut the computer down over night, the dock remains warm/hot to the touch.

Did some investigation using a "Kill-A-Watt" electricity meter, and I notice the same. Shut down the computer. Power usage drops to basically nothing (0.4W), then after a few seconds, ramps back up to between 5 and 11W.

If I yank the USB whilst the computer is running, power drops to nothing as well, but if I do it after I've shutdown, power usage remains high/dock stays hot, and I've got to plug it back into a running computer and pull the USB to get it to return to a true "standby" state.

I tried a second D6000 dock, and it is exactly the same.

No USB devices, only a single HDMI to my second screen. (First screen is direct to the laptops HDMI.)

Tried disabling PCI-E link state, USB selective suspend, and wake timers from Windows power management, but they made no difference.

Anyone have any ideas?
various_artists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:05 PM   #3
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

DisplayLink technology does not have control over power management and USB hubs in the docking station. I recommend consulting this with the manufacturer of the docking station.
Only other option that comes to mind and you can test is upgrading the firmware in the docking station. You can test this.

Ensure that you do not have anything connected to the docking station throughout this process.

Please follow the link to the download: https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk...k-d6000&lwp=rt

If the issue persists as I mentioned please reach out to the manufacturer for further support.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote