Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2023, 09:01 PM   #1
tcurryio

Default Zoom, Google Meet, OBS, Quicktime Player issues - Sonoma + Mac Air M1

Hello, I am running into a strange issue that has just begun happening.

When using the DisplayLink Manager on Sonoma with my Macbook Air M1, I am running into extremely slow load time for applications and screen sharing.

When I share my screen on Zoom, it gives me a black screen no matter which monitor I choose for about 30 seconds, then it begins working fine. Even restarting the application, restarting and updating Zoom, and using multiple versions of DisplayLink Manager, I have the same issue.

This also applies to Google Meet. It takes about 30 seconds to join the meeting and then I get an error 'Sorry, an error has occurred when screensharing.' from Google.

Also, OBS takes about 1 minute to open. Same goes for viewing videos from my finder on Quicktime. It takes about 1 minute to open each time.

Now, you might think it's a Mac hardware, or internet issue, but as soon as I quit the DisplayLink Manager application, none of these problems occur and it functions exactly as expected.

I've tried restarting multiple times, used DisplayLink 1.9, 1.8, the new (Alpha) version, and reverting back to 1.5 and none of that resolves it.

The same problem does not apply on my M1 Ventura work macbook.

This is very frustrating, as if I want to use any of those applications, I cannot use DisplayLink.
tcurryio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 11:09 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcurryio View Post
Hello, I am running into a strange issue that has just begun happening.

When using the DisplayLink Manager on Sonoma with my Macbook Air M1, I am running into extremely slow load time for applications and screen sharing.

When I share my screen on Zoom, it gives me a black screen no matter which monitor I choose for about 30 seconds, then it begins working fine. Even restarting the application, restarting and updating Zoom, and using multiple versions of DisplayLink Manager, I have the same issue.

This also applies to Google Meet. It takes about 30 seconds to join the meeting and then I get an error 'Sorry, an error has occurred when screensharing.' from Google.

Also, OBS takes about 1 minute to open. Same goes for viewing videos from my finder on Quicktime. It takes about 1 minute to open each time.

Now, you might think it's a Mac hardware, or internet issue, but as soon as I quit the DisplayLink Manager application, none of these problems occur and it functions exactly as expected.

I've tried restarting multiple times, used DisplayLink 1.9, 1.8, the new (Alpha) version, and reverting back to 1.5 and none of that resolves it.

The same problem does not apply on my M1 Ventura work macbook.

This is very frustrating, as if I want to use any of those applications, I cannot use DisplayLink.
If the manufacturer of your DisplayLink-based product is unable to assist you, and if you have not already done so, I would suggest reporting the issue to DisplayLink directly by following the steps outlined here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote