Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release

Old 05-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #11
ssii

I just bought a new MacBook Pro i7, 4 Gig, 10.6.3 Snow Loepard and have the same freeze problem with Display Link 1.6.b. However, I have found the following:

1) If I set the Display Sleep to 1 minute and the Computer Sleep to 1 minute and then wait for the system to sleep, I get the following results:
a) If I immediately wake the system up by pressing space, return, or moving the mouse, everything is fine.
b) If I wait for the Display Link Monitor to go to sleep (which takes about 2 additional minutes) and then try to wake up the system, I can only awaken the computer by pressing keys on the keyboard (mouse movement will not work) and the screen comes back on, but the system is frozen (time stopped and no cursor)
c) If I then wait for the screen to dim (approx 30 seconds) and then hit the mouse or any key, the system is fine.

2) If I set the Computer Sleep to never, the problem seems to disappear.

I hope this sheds some light on the problem.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #12
MCV

Still having this problem. When MBP goes to sleep, main laptop screen and displayport monitor come back on but displaylink monitor stays black. System is totally locked and only a reboot has brought it back. This is getting VERY frustrating.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #13
Carlo
Mac Team

You can use the following form, just make sure to mention the link to this thread in the forum.

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ask_question.php

Thank you very much for your help.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #14
Pawel

Thumbs up

We are happy to inform that there is a new 1.6 Beta 3 driver available for download from here.

This release has fixed a GUI freeze issue when resuming from sleep on some systems.

Regards