Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release

Old 11-02-2010, 12:24 AM   #11
scubadave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermetro View Post
another problem i have with this is, its very laggy when i have the adapter plugged in, when i click on the expose button it gives me a slow/choppy animation.

when scrolling in the adapter's window, it does the same thing too.. (slow and choppy)
Yea that's not really an issue as opposed to just the way it is with USB External monitor output.

Though it shouldn't be too Choppy, but then again if it's graphics intensive maybe it would be.

I just use mine as a means for Web browsing, and writing Code,

like so:

Old 11-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #12
scubadave

BUMP

Any news or help?
Old 11-19-2010, 12:48 AM   #13
nmeessen

Default any fix for this?

Hi Pawel, do you have any update on this?

We're running into this issue as well and we were planning on rolling out this solution to all our Mac users (~50 users and growing fast). Unless we can find a fix we'll have to look into getting another product.

Let me know if you need further debug info.

FYI, I used switchresX to try to force the resolution to 1920x1080 but had no luck with that, I can give you modelines, EDID or anything you need to help figure this out.

In our case, the dongle is called USB 2.0 UGA AUDIO, MODEL WS-UG17M1
Old 11-20-2010, 05:13 AM   #14
riorben

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermetro View Post
another problem i have with this is, its very laggy when i have the adapter plugged in, when i click on the expose button it gives me a slow/choppy animation.

when scrolling in the adapter's window, it does the same thing too.. (slow and choppy)
This is due to lack of graphics acceleration support for the current OS X Driver. As an example, you can use your USB Display in Windows (bootcamp) on the same notebook and it will run the display much smoother because the windows drivers enable graphics acceleration. It is a feature many of us are pushing for in the OS X Driver. See http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=362

Last edited by riorben; 11-20-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:16 AM   #15
nmeessen

Default working with other model

We tried another model, the WS-UGA19D1 and this one works fine and allow resolutions all the way up to 2048x1152.

Since the other dongle WS-UG17M1 does allow res up to 1920x1080 in windows, I still think that the issue can and should be resolved in software, but in the meantime, we have a way to get this working with the other product.

Now just have to wait for the OpenGL hardware acceleration.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #16
ir_fuel

Another unhappy mac user here. Tested the adapter on my 1600*1200 monitor and macbook pro without issues so I supposed everything was ok and ordered a few Samsung 1920*1080 screens.

And now I can't get them running in 1920 * 1080. Funny thing is that the on packaging it claims that the device should be able to do it and I find no reference on the box of the fact that Windows and Mac OS X resolution support is not identical.

this is for a WS-UGA17M1.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #17
eXyr0w

Unhappy same problem here :(

hey boys'n'girls,

i've ordered an adapter from ebay and now it's working with 1680x1050 on my FullHD-Screen.

I think it's also the WS-UG17M1 but check with the link above.
now i want to order the WS-UGA19D1 because nmeessen said,
that this will work. can somebody check, wether THIS is the working WS-UGA19D1 adaptor?!
because the page doesn't something about.

but i find out, that the WS-UGA19D1 is die 2048-Adapter, so i hope that this will work.

it would be fine, if somebody can ack this, that THIS is this one what will work.

or is there some new news, that the WS-UG17M1 will work, too?!

thanks in advance and sry for bad bad englisch :/
Old 02-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #18
ir_fuel

Any news on this one?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #19
ir_fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXyr0w View Post
but i find out, that the WS-UGA19D1 is die 2048-Adapter, so i hope that this will work.

it would be fine, if somebody can ack this, that THIS is this one what will work.

or is there some new news, that the WS-UG17M1 will work, too?!

thanks in advance and sry for bad bad englisch :/
I think it is, I just ordered 2 of them. I ll let you know.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #20
eXyr0w

i've orderd this an it's working fine

have fun with it... greetz