Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-06-2022, 11:26 PM   #1
starrysky

Default GUC2015v Win10 code 10 no activity

Have Win10 build 19042 and latest DL driver R10.3 for Iogear USB-VGA, installed okay, restarted, no light on, no image on monitor. Device Manager shows DL device with yellow triangle, exclamation mark, device could not start, (code 10) in remarks. Searched forums, read Troubleshooting, that said needed R8.2 or newer driver, Win10 build 15043 or higher. Any ideas? Thanks.
starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 10:07 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Can you please gather logfiles following this FAQ
How can I report Windows issues to DisplayLink?

And send them to technical-enquiries@synaptics.com with a short problem description or a link to this forum thread?

Thank you,
Kate
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 05:34 PM   #3
starrysky

I understand more information might be needed. I have to switch to other computer to download the tool in the link you give. Will try in a few hours.
Also, the original instructions sold with the device over 15 years ago said only one D-link device per system is allowed to be active. The new instructions from 2011 say up to six screens are possible. But there is no type of video source (motherboard, video card, USB adapter) mentioned for that six limit. What is the limitation with the modern Win10 driver? I am using a GTX980 with four screens, and a USB to DVI Diamond, and another mostly nameless USB to DVI adapter, they are okay. This is for an X-Plane or MS FSX or FlightGear cockpit. Thanks for your interest in this.

Last edited by starrysky; 10-07-2022 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:02 PM   #4
starrysky

Default DisplayLink tool outputl logfiles

Here is compressed folder of logfiles. Thanks for your help. DL_Windows_Logs_20221007_143848.zip
Old 10-09-2022, 06:41 AM   #5
starrysky

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

technical-enquires@synaptics.com (technical-enquires@synaptics.com)
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection from your email system.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system is refusing connections from your email server. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For Email Admins
No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the remote host - that is, one with no server application running. For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361

So it seems the path to help for this problem has come to an end.
Old 10-09-2022, 07:20 PM   #6
starrysky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
Hello,

Can you please gather logfiles following this FAQ
How can I report Windows issues to DisplayLink?

And send them to technical-enquiries@synaptics.com with a short problem description or a link to this forum thread?

Thank you,
Kate
You may have to update your reply email above. In an answer you gave last June to another person, you wrote the relay to that address was failing. It still does. Please don't continue to use an address to a new forum member that is no good still.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:00 AM   #7
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrysky View Post
You may have to update your reply email above. In an answer you gave last June to another person, you wrote the relay to that address was failing. It still does. Please don't continue to use an address to a new forum member that is no good still.
Hello,

I see that there is a spelling mistake in the email address you sent your email to. Please make sure to send it to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com the email you entered is missing one 'i'.

As for the original issue you reported. Does the issue persist just as you originally described it?

Last edited by KatarzynaCzaja; 10-10-2022 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:25 PM   #8
starrysky

Default Wrong email address is forever.

I see you are exactly right in the misspelling on my part. I have tried several times in Outlook or Hotmail to edit the email address or delete the wrong one or put in a correct one from beginning. Seems to be impossible to do that. No editing, no deleting, and a self-correcting utility seems to be active. So I will have to use some other email or give up entirely. Thanks for your help so far.
Starrysky
PS--the issue continues in Win10, but the unit performs just fine in a 2007 era Acer laptop with Vista.
Old 10-17-2022, 10:46 AM   #9
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

No problem, I see that your email came through. Our engineers will respond soon. Thank you!

Tags
guc2015v, win10