Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
tstephens

Default Monitor doesn't receive signal

Hi,

I just tried to setup my displaylink adapter. Windows is showing the 3rd monitor, but the screen isn't detecting any signal. I've tried plugging the screen into one of the regular display ports, and it works. So I know the screen isn't the issue itself. I also tried using a different monitor with the adapter (one that also works on a normal port) and was unsuccessful.

I'm running Win7 x64 - Nvidia NVS 4200 - the screen is a Dell U2410.
I've tried multiple usb ports and now I have it plugged into a powered usb hub to make sure power wasn't an issue.

I walked through all the steps on the troubleshooting page and everything looks good. Like I said, windows recognizes the screen, the display just doesn't seem to be receiving any information.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
-Tom

EDIT: adding attached support info
Attached Files
File Type: zip USDENL-TSTEPHEN_20120124_125750.zip (1.04 MB, 2 views)

Last edited by tstephens; 01-24-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: adding
tstephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
Wim

Hi

Thanks for the logs. All looks ok, although you are in basic graphics mode - I'd recommend you switch to Aero, but I don't think this is the cause of the issue you are seeing.

If you drag a window over to the display, does the LED on the adapter flicker? If it does then this shows that the software is sending video data and the chip in the adapter is receiving it.

If you change resolution, does the adapter start working?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
tstephens

Thanks for looking things over.

I've tried every resolution I'm getting as an option and nothing. Dragging a window to the display hasn't made a difference either.

For the sake of experimentation I turned on Aero (I usually leave it off for performance reasons probably doesn't matter much on this pc but still...). Anyway, that didn't make a difference either.

Thanks
- Tom
Old 01-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #4
Dan
Banned

Have you tried the USB device on a different system? You could also try using an analog connection instead of digital. Everything so far I'm afraid is indicating a rare hardware failure with the unit. The first hint that something is working should be that the monitor goes out of standby (usually indicated by an amber light), you should also get the main screen blinking as Windows rearranges the outpouts.

It's just possible that there is no digitial output coming, out of the unit, but there may be an analog one (hence the suggestion).
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
tstephens

Hi, great it does work. So the problem seems to be related to the digital signal.

So I need to get a replacement adapter, correct?
Old 01-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
Wim

Yes - it does seem that the digital output is not working (so a hardware fault), if analogue works correctly.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
stormat

Same thing is happening to me. I have 3 TVs connected to a main PC. While the TVs display the images, if I turn off any TV for an extended period of time then turn it back on, it will not re-acquire the signal. I have tested with 4 different UGAs to no avail. If I turn the TV off briefly then back on again it does work.
stormat is offline   Reply With Quote