Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2020, 06:57 AM   #11
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello MBP16,

Thank you for contacting us.

You should not be asked to do this every time you restart your laptop.

Could you please gather log files for me by following this link? I would like to verify that separately.

If you would be interested in faster communication. You may send me the answer on this email address: technical_enquiries@displaylink.com

Kind regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:59 PM   #12
jmesser

I have followed all of these steps and it still does not work. I have a Macbook Pro 2019 13 in. running Catalina (10.15.4). Dell D3818DW monitor will not connect via D6000 dock to MacBook Pro running Catalina (10.15.4). Monitor connects normally when connected directly to the Macbook via USB-C. The monitor also works when connected via the D6000 dock to a Thinkpad Laptop. So it is not a hardware issue.

Logs and screenshots attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DisplayLink Manager.jpg (11.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg System Report:Hardware:USB.jpg (16.3 KB, 1 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20200521_154721.zip (4.97 MB, 0 views)
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20200521_154831.zip (627.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20200521_154929.zip (611.1 KB, 0 views)
jmesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:05 PM   #13
mbukowski

Exclamation Same, but different, but still same

Hi Jakub,

I also encounter problems with my MacBook Pro. I managed to install and make DisplayLink work but I am not happy with the outcome.

macOS Catalina 10.15.4
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

with US Keyboard

I tried the latest and previous official version of app from the page version 5.2.4 and 5.2.1 respectively. After I enabled permissions in Security and connecting display cable to external monitors nothing happened. I tried it on multiple docking stations. My port are also working fine.

After that I tried various BETA versions. I used one which you pointed in this thread, version 1552. After installation and enabling I managed to get it work. However it's possible to use this functionality if I explicitly activate DisplayLink Manager. After opening app I can see a shortcut in Menu Bar and external displays starts working. Keep in mind I am not able to do that with official release. However I can see that some of my colleagues managed to have official DisplayLink working with their devices. In their case they also don't see an icon but everything works fine.

So my problem is almost solved with one exception. When I close a lid 3rd, built-in display is also available and I have to rearrange the order and set the primary screen. What's worse, when I am in this state after around a minute all screens go black and they turn off. Even when I am moving a mouse pointer or type on a keyboard. My energy saving parameters are set high enough.
I tried also an Amphetamine but that didn't help as well. Every time a screen goes off.

I can even live with open lid as I use fingerprint sensor. But there is no point in having built-in screen turned on all the time

mbukowski is offline   Reply With Quote