Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
RobinSnyder

Default Apparently random DisplayLink monitor reset related to mouse scrolling

About every 30 minutes (for months now, took a while to see the pattern), when using the Logitech or Microsoft mouse (does not matter) to scroll in a GUI application (never in a console window or while typing) on one of my five HDMI USB DisplayLink monitors (never on the two laptop-based monitors), the screen on which I am using the mouse freezes, then goes black, then, after about 10 seconds, resets. When the monitors reset, the dozen or so applications from the seven HDMI monitors go back to the primary screen which is annoying.

I have tried using all positive screen locations (i.e., not to the left nor below the primary monitor) and 16/32 bit color depth (using seven HDMI monitors on my system cannot be done with all of them 32 bit color depth). To power the five DisplayLink adapters, I use three USB 3.0 hubs each rated at 4A with no other large power device on these hubs.

At one point, it appeared that a Microsoft Security Audit was being done at that time, but I am not sure if this would be a cause or something that happens after the screen being used freezes and resets.

Has anyone experienced this issue or know of any way to resolve it. This has happened throughout updates of the USB hub and DisplayLink drivers. I tried the DisplayLink Support Tool that showed compatibility.

Thank you.

Note: The user account creation/login did not work for me using Windows 7. I was unable to create an account despite passing the annoying "Human" validation test. I ended up using Ubuntu to create the account and post the question. The system did not remember my password so I had to reset it to get in.
RobinSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
mkirschke

Default Desktop Crash Related to Mouse Actions

I also have a problem with random desktop (Dwm.exe) crashes when I scroll and click my Logitech mouse. I have a dual monitor setup through a Plugable docking station to my Samsung Series 9 laptop with Intel HD400 graphics. I've been through Plugable support and updated the chipset and graphics drivers and the Logitech software but the crashes continue.
mkirschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
RobinSnyder

Default Configuration

I use an ASUS desktop replacement laptop with nVidia video. I have experienced the problem with both Pluggable USB hubs and U-Speed USB hubs. I may need to try using my Microsoft mouse, and not my Logitech mouse, for a while to see what happens. When it happens, I am trying to finely locate the mouse cursor in order to grab the scroll bar to scroll vertically, often by just a small amount. Then, the screen freezes, about 5 seconds later that monitor goes black, then about 5 seconds later they all go black, then about 10 seconds later, they all reset except that the applications have relocated to the primary monitor.
RobinSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

Can you attach the logs from this tool immediately after seeing the issue?
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote