Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2014, 02:59 AM   #1
at2

Default HP Folio 13-2000 and DisplayLink USB 3.0 Dual Monitor - Not Working!

Hi there, I have been using this ACP70AUZ for a while, but yesterday the monitors connection just went blank, and upon troubleshooting, nothing has worked. I have tried re-installing the latest version (and other older versions as well for test), none will connect the monitors.
When I install v7.6, I received error saying usb 3.0 host controller could be be incompatible although I have installed the latest version from HP & Microsoft.

Please check the log and let me know asap.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20140529_123322.zip (1.49 MB, 2 views)
at2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:12 AM   #2
at2

By the way, USB ports seem to be working, only Display, Ethernet, HDMI are not working at this stage.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #3
JamesH

Hi,

The latest USB 3.0 HC drivers can be found here:
http://www.frescologic.com/support.php

v3.5.107.0 is the latest

Suggest installing that and power cycling your dock (disconnect dock USB cable, disconnect dock power, reconnect dock power and reconnect dock USB cable).

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:26 AM   #4
at2

Hi James, thanks for the message. I did a test on another docking station (same model), and the connection was working - I can get all usb, ethernet, display etc connected no problem. Does it mean my first docking station is faulty? I will run a test anyway on the version you suggested and see how it goes.

UPDATE: Apparently we have tried the version on frescologic website. Same problem.

Last edited by at2; 05-30-2014 at 05:08 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:37 PM   #5
TargusLevel3

Default Could be intermittent ACP70 Item 60 or Lower

Targus is aware of a hardware issue that has recently been diagnosed with some ACP70 docks Items number 60 and lower. This issue is most easily recognized in the Windows Device Manager where no USB Display Adapters and no Targus Giga Ethernet Network adapters are present. It is also when neither of the dock’s display ports or Ethernet ports work at all. The issue is intermittent and temperature dependent over time, showing up mostly at colder temperatures. Manufacturing has produced at ECN for a workaround for all newly manufactured docks but for deployed units that exhibit the misbehavior, please contact Targus for a free exchange.

...but be sure to update the FrescoLogic driver just the same.

If it is an ACP71, ACP076, or ACP70 Item 61 or higher, let us know.
TargusLevel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #6
at2

Hi there thanks for the response. Item 50 is what we have problem with. I will look up for Targus contacts in AUS for exchange. If you have the specific contact details I could use, please send them through.