Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2016, 12:24 PM   #1
Johnnys149

Default No display attached, but shows up in Windows

Hi,

I have a user who has a Toshiba R50-B laptop with a U10 Dynadock. About two days ago he reported that when he tried to open an application it shot off to the right and left him with a black screen. After remoting in I could see 2 displays, but he only has one,.....the laptop.

There is no external monitor attached to the Dynadock, or the laptop itself, but in the display settings a second monitor is picked up. I have installed the latest DisplayLink software and also made sure the laptop display driver is up to date. I have made sure that video output is turned of on the Dynadock, but after a reboot, it reverts back to dual screening.

Any help or advice gratefully received, as this is doing my nut in.

Johnny
Johnnys149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:37 PM   #2
Johnnys149

After some more diagnostics with this, i think the issue has been caused by a recent Microsoft update. Though I have found the original product specs and Windows 7 isn't on the supported operating systems at the time, probably as it had not long been released.

I have uninstalled the Display link software and let Win7 find the Dynadock itself. It has picked up and older version from the laptop, but still does not work. When I configure the DisplayLink software using the icon on the taskbar, putting the display to off, it reverts back to extended after a reboot.

Again, any help gratefully received.

Johnny
Johnnys149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:23 PM   #3
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Johnny,

I can understand it's a bit peculiar and annoying.
Would you please be able to send me the logs as described in my signature?

Maybe the hotplug circuitry in the dock is defective and therefore telling the computer there is a monitor when there isn't.
Then, Windows restores the layout based on the monitor identification... but as there isn't a monitor connected, it cannot restore what you have saved as it doesn't exist.
(Monitor layout is saved by Windows in the registry keys described: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...rticles/736116)

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote