Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-23-2021, 04:55 PM   #11
Chuckdillingham

Default Displays not recognized

Good morning,

Same issue here using a Dell D-6000... they were working, and now suddenly nothing. Verbose Display Link Information file submitted as requested.
-ChuckD
Chuckdillingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:51 PM   #12
AnnoyedMacUser

Default Same issue

I have the same issue. Please do what the staff here have asked and submit your bloody logs instead of just complaining!!
  1. Download the tool from here: https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink
  2. eMail your logs to support:
    technical-enquiries@synaptics.com
AnnoyedMacUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 01:06 AM   #13
RDBK

Default 4K resolution is gone with Big Sur 11.4

(MacBook Air M1, two Philips 328p6vu 4K displays)

With macOS 11.3.1 and DL1.4 I could use these monitors with 4K at 60Hz (i-tec USB 3.0 / USB-C Dual 4K DP Video Adapter [PN: U3DUAL4KDP]).
But after updating to macOS 11.4 ...1920x1080 is the max. resolution available.
RDBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 12:14 AM   #14
boladi

Default Same Problem

I'm an IT guy and I always read and use forums but never comment. This is my first comment, and it's only to say that I emailed the log reports I got from the tool. It was a .zip file and I hope at least I can get some notification when displaylink works for bigsur 11.4 bc I need this for my macbook mini

#righttorepair
boladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:56 PM   #15
viktor_krepak

Default Issue with detecting dual monitors

Hi folks! Got the same issue. I haven't used this application before, but today I received my HUB for dual monitors and after connecting realized that MacBook doesn't support such connectivity through one type-c port. Then I found this application and tried to resolve my issue but It doesn't detect my monitors (I'm already on 11.4 version Big Sur, so have no idea how it worked before). I've already sent logs to the support team and hope that you will be able to help us. Thank you in advance!
viktor_krepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 01:55 PM   #16
dbazzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestoid View Post
My mac is no longer recognizing the display after the Big Sur 11.4 upgrade yesterday. The display will flicker with the logo and go to black, I've tried the most recent driver and my mac is not recognizing that an external display is plugged in. Any clues on how to fix and troubleshoot this please?
Same problem. Just bought new docking station, downloaded the app running Bug Sur....nothing!
dbazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 03:22 PM   #17
leonc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakubDabrowski View Post
Dear users,

Thank you for informing us about these issues on the newest MacOS version.

May you please gather log files for our engineering team? Thanks to it we will be able to analyze it and verify what is the main problem and culprit.

Please follow this guide and gather log files.

You may either add them to your posts here or send them directly to our email address: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

Thank you for your time and actions.

Kind regards,
Jakub
I'm having the same issue, and I just emailed you the log files in "verbose" mode. Please keep us updated on a fix for this issue.
leonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 05:56 PM   #18
kjsmall

Default Apple updates are notorious for this....

I have been using Display Link for years now and this is the second time an Apple update broke the Display Link capability entirely - and I have also had the "only does 1080 mode" after the previous update... I think Apple wants us to buy Apple monitors instead so doesn't really care about this capability...
kjsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 06:14 PM   #19
kjsmall

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsmall View Post
I have been using Display Link for years now and this is the second time an Apple update broke the Display Link capability entirely - and I have also had the "only does 1080 mode" after the previous update... I think Apple wants us to buy Apple monitors instead so doesn't really care about this capability...
Mine is now working...

For what it's worth, mine did not work after the update (I had to connect my mac mini via HDMI directly to another monitor initially). Oddly enough, after updating the Mac, my windows PC (going through a USB switch) was only working on one monitor instead of two...

Since it seemed to get the one adaptor in a weird mode that no longer worked with windows either, I powered everything off. As in "shut down everything and disconnect power cables to everything". Then hooked everything back up and now both PC and MAC are working with dual monitors and display link drivers.
Old 07-03-2021, 04:15 PM   #20
kjsmall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDBK View Post
(MacBook Air M1, two Philips 328p6vu 4K displays)

With macOS 11.3.1 and DL1.4 I could use these monitors with 4K at 60Hz (i-tec USB 3.0 / USB-C Dual 4K DP Video Adapter [PN: U3DUAL4KDP]).
But after updating to macOS 11.4 ...1920x1080 is the max. resolution available.
My monitors were only showing 1920x1080, but this link helped fix that. Key was holding down the option (alt) key when selecting the 'scaled' option.

https://support.displaylink.com/know...-not-available

Tags
big sur, mac