Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2014, 11:08 PM   #1
EddieMa

I quickly tried displaylink on a macbook with Mavericks and restored Mountain Lion -- you can expect not only slow framerates, but also ghost windows that don't render their contents, and show only their spooky shadowy outlines. I'm still miffed re Apple's sluggishness to fix their API this time around. I could really use Maverick's new scheduling coalescence ...
EddieMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
dispnev

Default I want 3 extra monitors on the Macbook Pro

I can add two thunderbolt monitors (maybe even three, not sure) if I just buy new Thunderbolt displays at Apple's preposterous prices. Then I can upgrade to Mavericks.

I guess I need to look for some sort of Thunderbolt hub, or Thunderbolt passthrough device, so I can use my three DVI monitors.

Ugh! When is this going to get fixed? I'm three months late to the Mavericks party because of my multiple monitors, and one of the things about Mavericks was the multiple monitor support!

Thanks for the feedback EddieMa and Melia.
dispnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #3
Melia

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieMa View Post
I quickly tried displaylink on a macbook with Mavericks and restored Mountain Lion -- you can expect not only slow framerates, but also ghost windows that don't render their contents, and show only their spooky shadowy outlines. I'm still miffed re Apple's sluggishness to fix their API this time around. I could really use Maverick's new scheduling coalescence ...

I wouldn't be so sure that it's only Apple's fault mate

Also, if you maybe already noticed, the Mac forum is dead here no responses or whatsoever.

Even Synaptics trackpad driver is updated more often than this one.
Melia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
displaylink, mavericks, multiple monitors