Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release

Old 05-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
sherlock

Default DisplayLink not working on new MBP 15in i7

I just got the adapter in the mail yesterday, installed the new beta driver, and tried plugging it in to either of the external monitors that I have and nothing happens. I can find the monitor through detect displays, but the screen is not turning on no matter what I do. I have attached log files. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (157.1 KB, 855 views)
Old 05-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Sherlock thank you for the logs. It's a new issue unfortunately and there are more than one possible causes.
The hardware seems ok, there is one failure in enumerating the device but the logs show that it's normally usable so we are looking at a SW issue.
We'll have to try to reproduce the issue in our lab to understand more.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
sherlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Sherlock thank you for the logs. It's a new issue unfortunately and there are more than one possible causes.
The hardware seems ok, there is one failure in enumerating the device but the logs show that it's normally usable so we are looking at a SW issue.
Have you been able to reproduce the problem? What are my next steps here?
Old 05-14-2010, 04:31 AM   #4
martygearbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
I took my new i& 15" Macbook out of the box and let the migration assistant migrate my stuff (which included the 1.6b1 driver, i believe). Everything seemed to work great (monitor and displaylink adaptor worked). The next day I disconnected the machine from the displaylink device. Since that the machine would hang upon wake from sleep. I could see my desktop, but there was a blue translucent color over everything. I could see my mouse and move it, but nothing else. I restarted and saw the same thing. booting in safe mode and everything was fine. I had to uninstall the Displaylink driver. Installing 1.6b2 did not help, same results, so I uninstalled it.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:04 AM   #5
MCV

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygearbox View Post
I took my new i& 15" Macbook out of the box and let the migration assistant migrate my stuff (which included the 1.6b1 driver, i believe). Everything seemed to work great (monitor and displaylink adaptor worked). The next day I disconnected the machine from the displaylink device. Since that the machine would hang upon wake from sleep. I could see my desktop, but there was a blue translucent color over everything. I could see my mouse and move it, but nothing else. I restarted and saw the same thing. booting in safe mode and everything was fine. I had to uninstall the Displaylink driver. Installing 1.6b2 did not help, same results, so I uninstalled it.
Hey Marty -- same thing here with my 15" i7 MBP. I ran the migration assistant and had nothing but trouble since then. I have since copied all my data off manually, wiped the system clean, and reinstalled the OS. Guess what? Still having issues. I really hope they get this fixes soon. I'm rebooting several times a day and it's really pissing me off.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #6
FishGills

Our Marketing just received 5 i7 17 inch MBPs along with 5 Diamond BVU195s and every single one is having the same kind of issues as the original poster.

The only difference is upon boot, we're seeing alternating dark and light blue bars. We can see the mouse cursor "above" the bars but nothing else.

We boot into safe mode, uninstall the displaylink driver and everything is good.

So, chalk a +5 to this!
Old 05-30-2010, 01:46 AM   #7
SGD

Question

Funny enough, I ran into this exact same problem with the 1.5 driver yesterday. After my initial install, everything worked perfectly. But the next morning, I restarted just my MBP (no external monitors attached), and I got the alternating blue lines. Multiple reboots -- no change. Once I got home, I plugged back in an external monitor (both via the Mini DisplayPort and the Diamond USB-DVI adapter), and everything was back to normal. But booting the MBP by itself still gives me the lines.

So, at this point, my laptop is useless unless it's plugged into a second monitor. That's not good.

Guess maybe I have to uninstall?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
wpns

Yeah, me too. 15" MBP, i7, 1.6b2 works fine with DL adapters connected, blue stripes when booting with no DL hardware. Must boot in safe mode (hold shift key during boot) and uninstall 1.6b2, then it works again. And to use it with DL monitors, reinstall. Kinda cumbersome.

I'll run the debug tool if you think it's useful, just let me know here!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
Dan Radin

Unhappy Same problem with MacBook Pro / i5 / 10.6.3-4

I am experiencing the same problems that other posters described in this thread. I am moving from an early-2008 MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo) to a new MacBook Pro (i5) and have been seeing kernel panic, the blue screen overlay issue, and problems with waking from sleep in closed/desktop mode. Has there been any resolution to this issue? Does 1.6 work?

I have lost a lot of productivity and time due to this issue, thinking it was other software/hardware conflicts.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
DocMike

DisplayLink Does not work with i5 and i7 macbook pro with switching graphics card